The EA Digital Platform (EADP) organization powers the global EA ecosystem. We provide the foundation for all of EA's incredible games and player experiences with high-level platforms like Cloud, Commerce, Data and AI, Gameplay Services, Identity and Social. By providing reusable capabilities that game teams can easily integrate into their work, we let them focus on making some of the best games in the world and creating meaningful relationships with our players. We're behind the curtain, making it all work together.
The Challenge Ahead:
Live service games are designed to keep players engaged and retained for years. They achieve this through content updates, events, and personalized experiences. These games are the primary revenue generator for EA, accounting for approximately 75% of net bookings in FY23. Unlike traditional games released once and forgotten, live service games pose unique challenges for game studios regarding content creation, configuration, delivery, and personalization.
As a Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer, your work will involve building and maintaining the Live Services toolkit to support and empower EA's live services teams.
You will report directly to the Director of Engineering and collaborate with multiple Studios within EA. You will design, implement, and maintain internal web-based tools that will be used by Live Teams at EA to engage with millions of our players across the globe, changing the gameplay experience, progression, in-game store, matchmaking and many other aspects of our games.
Additionally, you will champion engineering best practices and mentor other within the team.
• You will work in an agile engineering team writing testable, maintainable, and scalable code in both our frontend and backend.
• You will lead the technical design and architecture of major components in the tool stack.
• You will work with customers and business leaders to understand customer needs and deliver incrementally on their highest priority features and requirements.
• You will spend 70% of your time hands-on coding.
• You will perform code reviews and provide constructive direction.
• You will deploy services on cloud-based infrastructures such as Kubernetes.
• You will grow and guide other engineers.
• 5+ years of experience working on web projects applying modern web development best practices, from UI in the front-end to microservices and cloud services in the back end.
• Experience in typescript, including an understanding of concepts like closures, asynchronous programming, and dependency injection patterns.
• Knowledge of Git, or similar distributed source management system
• Experience with continuous integration and delivery
• Expertise in many different technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end storage systems and all points in between.
• Superb ability to take high-level direction and drive to execution in an iterative model.
• Experience with TypeScript, React, MobX, or other common frameworks.
• Experience with Scala, Java, Kotlin or GoLang.
• Experience with Kubernetes or other container-orchestration systems.
• Experience with infrastructure as code and have used one of cloud providers such as AWS, GCP, Azure
BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $93,700 - $153,900 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj4071-44-200-77-92-42 in your application.