EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connecting millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. The EA SPORTS UFC franchise offers the electrifying spectacle and entertainment of MMA for over 20 million players across the globe, delivering fluid and responsive mixed martial arts through inventive gameplay technology.
Located in Vancouver, British Columbia, the EA SPORTS UFC team is on a mission to become the world's greatest fighting game. If you're passionate about building immersive digital entertainment, this is the role of a lifetime.
The Facial Animator will provide high-quality facial animation to body motion performances for in-game, cinematics, and narrative sequences. We aim to create emotionally engaging and believable characters that allow our players to immerse themselves in our games. Pushing for true likeness of real life fighters and bringing authenticity to our UFC Game.
• You will report to the Presentation Animation Director
• You will create high-quality facial animation art assets for use in game
• You will wrangle data to and from external teams
• You will provide animation feedback, and communicate best practices with intention for animation refinement
• You will conduct and complete character rig reviews to help refine the facial rig
• You will learn proprietary art pipelines, new technology, and processes
• You will work with motion capture and animation leads during the production prep / acquisition / postproduction phases to ensure we are setup for success in achieving our visual targets
• You will support the production teams with the acquisition of motion capture data during performance sessions doing such things as performer calibration, directing performer range of motions, QA'ing recorded session data.
• You will help document workflow and pipelines for Facial Animation and Motion capture
• You will contribute to postmortems, provide feedback, help improve motion capture process and data output
• 5+ years experience doing Facial animation in either games, film or TV
• Must understand conveying emotion and recreating facial poses
• Experience with facial animation and specializing with lip-sync animation
• Maya (preferred) or similar 3D animation software experience
• Experience working with external animation partners
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmxjxv-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.