We are EA
Over the last twenty years we've entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning and massively entertaining games. We are a team of accomplished people who create games with joy and passion.
At Criterion, we place enormous value on creative collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspective. Our studio is a healthy mix of industry veterans and newcomers working together to inspire, support, and educate one another.
The Challenge Ahead
Criterion is looking for an experienced UI/UX Artist, you will develop common interface ergonomics, which includes the creation of overlays for in-game presentation and functionality of the product. You will also conceptualize and design assets & interfaces in game software. The UI/UX Artist's job will be to achieve the visual quality and overall presentation of the player experience in software, working with UX Design Leads and Technical disciplines to ensure intuitive interfaces & rewarding player feedback that guides players through a complex network of selection, customization screens, presentation sequences and game modes.
What You'll Do:
• Use your full range of art and design skills to provide an experience developing game user interfaces, presentation sequences, in-game HUD, motion graphics, and more
• Thoroughly create process flows, low-fidelity wireframes, storyboarding and visual designs to conceptualise and communicate detailed interaction behaviours
• Work with team leadership and brand partners to develop in-game visual style guide and UI design systems
• Work with game designers and producers to help design game features
• Work with a diverse development team including junior UI/UX designers, UI technical artists, software engineers, character and environment artists, animators, and others throughout the development process
What We're Looking For:
• Experience designing for console games, websites, mobile apps, and other similar digital products; experience as a lead artist on large-scale products is ideal
• Experience partnering with directors, managers, producers, engineers, and leadership to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch and beyond
• A visual design portfolio that expresses your user interface and graphic design skills and your creative process from creation through completion
• Expert skill level with visual design software apps including Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and 3D software.
• An understanding of UX design and prototyping tools including wireframes, flows and user stories.
• Experience creating visual style guides and design systems and experience designing within the constraints of existing brand identities
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj8q40-18-232-179-37-42 in your application.