We are EA
Over the last twenty years we've entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning and massively entertaining games. We are a team of accomplished people who create games with joy and passion.
At Criterion, we place enormous value on creative collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspective. Our studio is a healthy mix of industry veterans and newcomers working together to inspire, support, and educate one another.
The Challenge Ahead
Criterion is looking for an experienced UI Artist, you will develop common interface ergonomics, which includes the creation of overlays for in-game presentation and functionality of the product. You will also conceptualize and design assets & interfaces in game software. The UI Artist's job will be to achieve the visual quality and overall presentation of the player experience in software, working with UX Design leads and other technical disciplines to ensure intuitive interfaces & rewarding player feedback that guides players through a complex network of selection, customization screens, presentation sequences and game modes.
What You'll Do:
• Use your full range of art and design skills to provide an experience developing game user interfaces, presentation sequences, in-game HUD, motion graphics, and more
• Thoroughly create process flows, low-fidelity wireframes, storyboarding and visual designs to conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors
• Work with team leadership and brand partners to develop in-game visual style guide and UI design systems
• Work with game designers and producers to help design game features
• Work with a diverse development team including junior UI/UX designers, UI technical artists, software engineers, character and environment artists, animators, and others throughout the development process
What We're Looking For:
• An understanding of UX design and prototyping tools including wireframes, flows and user stories.
• Experience designing for console games, websites, mobile apps, and other similar digital products; experience as a lead artist on large-scale products is ideal
• Experience partnering with directors, managers, producers, engineers, and leadership to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch and beyond
• A visual design portfolio that expresses your user interface and graphic design skills and your creative process from creation through completion
• Expert skill level with visual design software apps including Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and 3D software.
• Experience creating visual style guides and design systems and experience designing within the constraints of existing brand identities
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq5j2z-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.