EA Create is a highly-engaged content creation team within EA Worldwide Studios. We are creatively driven and focused on high end visual production for the most important EA Franchises including Battlefield, FC, Apex, Need for speed, Sims and many others. We share a unified passion for creating amazing experiences and industry leading visuals. We are adventurous and creative. We are courageous and we take chances. We seek pioneers who cut new paths and conquer challenges with fierce determination.
• Understand the style and quality bar for the engaging project and be accountable for the quality and efficiency of the art delivery.
• Build art connections with game team partners and collaborate to align art expectations, work distribution, status tracking, and problem-solving.
• Help the project manager schedule the production plan.
• Collaborate between the technical team and art team for support and development.
• Provide benchmarks, guidance, and support for the local environment art team to meet the quality expectations.
• Grow the local environment art team and collaborate with the TA team as the hiring manager, screening, interviewing, and onboarding new team members based on Create's business plan.
• Work as a craft leader to strengthen the local art team's capabilities and expertise. Plan, organize, and introduce training that fits the team.
• Collaborate with Create leaders to align on project intake, team growth, technical solutions, and collaborate with Create Art environment director to align on domain strategy.
• Work as a people manager to support career growth and provide mentorship for the team members. Provide performance assessments for the environment artists.
• Able to comprehend the existing game style and direction and translate that into production plans.
• Able to hold discussions on art style and quality with partners and team members.
• Able to provide to-the-point feedback and elaborate on why.
• Able to review from different perspectives, including visual language, storytelling, construction history, fidelity, technical requirements, and more. Comfortable communicating with art vocabulary.
• Have good environment crafting skills and can create believable environment content for various subject matters (e.g., buildings, props, hard surfaces, organic, vegetation, level composition).
• Familiar with 3A environment art production and understands the common expectations and limitations for the mainstream production pipeline. Understands PBR processes, shaders, physics, optimization, and has adequate game engine experience.
• A proactive and effective communicator with a precise and concise communication style. Understands how to collaborate with other domains, such as DD, Tech, etc.
• Showcases strong leadership and ownership and can support, mentor, inspire, and assess performance for the team.
• Team leader and people manager experience is preferred.
• Can use either English or Chinese as the working language, with both being preferred.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1jmqx-44-200-82-149-42 in your application.