Engineering Manager - Frostbite - Editor Framework
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
As an Engineering Manager, you will be a leader in the Editor Framework team, reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager of the Product Area.The Editor Framework team works on core parts of FrostEd, our desktop tool that empowers content creators to build amazing game experiences. Your team will build robust libraries and services that can be used across various domains including audio, rendering and UI. You will be at the core of building an easy to use and scalable tool to power a massive community of accomplished game creators. You will be part of a team that is passionate about working collaboratively across teams and building high quality tools.
This opportunity is ideal for a team leader who still wants an opportunity to keep their hands in the code.
As the Engineering Manager of Editor Framework team:
• You directly oversee the career development of engineers on the team
• You will help recruit and grow the team
• You lead your team to accomplish agreed upon commitments including features and performance measures
• You coach the team to increase collaboration, code quality, and best practices
• You will work with QV and engineers to ensure clear testing strategy
• You recognize efforts that contribute to the team and the business
Required Skills and Experience
• 2+ years experience in a leadership role
• 5+ years professional experience including C# application development
• Passion for solving challenging problems
• Experience with agile development practices
• Knowledge or experience in game engine development
Desirable Skills and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (computer science, computer engineering or mathematics)
• Familiarity with UX concepts
• Technical documentation
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7ex76-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.