Engineering Manager – Frostbite Animation and Cinematics
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
As an Engineering Manager, you will be a leader in the Animation and Cinematics team, reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager of the Product Area. You will work with other Frostbite leaders in solving challenges across teams. You will help coach engineers on the team. You will be part of a team that is passionate about Animation and Cinematics and help push our technologies forward while having fun. Our team within Frostbite oversees the development of the platform that all animation technologies within EA are built upon. The technologies our team develop include a multi-character interaction system, a non-linear timeline editor for Cinematic workflow, a secondary and facial animation system, and an animation live preview system.
• You will directly oversee the career development of engineers on the team
• You will help recruit and grow the team
• You will work with the Technical Director and Product Manager to ensure production work has a well-defined design and that any local and global architecture effects are understood
• You will help determine software development best practices
• You will work with QV and engineers to ensure clear testing strategy
• You will work with Project managers to help build solid plans and track the progress of commitments
• You will work with important partners in Frostbite to promote changes across the organization
• 3+ experience in a similar role managing people and teams
• 5+ experience developing quality software
• BSc degree in Computer Science or related academic program
• Professional experience including C# tool development or C++
• Passion for solving challenging problems with great people
• Experience with complex codebase
• Passion for video games
• Knowledge or experience in game engine development
• Strong foundation in animation concepts
• Experience in software architecture design
• Interest in latest research and development in animation technology
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvk9x7-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.