Level Up at EA Software Engineering Program
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EA Studios is excited to launch the Level Up program, an inaugural recent graduate program, focused on providing a full year of hands-on training alongside some of the most talented people in the industry. You will be immersed in EA's tech stack to develop the knowledge and skills to seamlessly transition into one of our industry leading game franchises, or continue to grow your capabilities and contribution with one of EA's tech teams.
As a Software Engineer with Level Up, you will be a part of the technology creation process, including architectural design support, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms. You will work on complex problems with architects and experienced engineers across video game development domains including rendering, gameplay, audio, user interface, online, physics, databases, and tools. The Level Up onboarding experience will offer ample opportunity to receive feedback and learn from others, and ensure you are gaining valuable experience and knowledge to advance your career in video game development.
What you will do as a Level Up Software Engineer:
• Spend the majority of your time (80%) doing hands-on coding (C++).
• Collaborate, locally and remotely, with architects, engineers, and game teams to create clear and estimable technical designs.
• Deliver tested and high-quality technical implementations that meet design requirements and advance our games technologies, architecture, and workflows.
• Work with 3rd party software APIs and SDKs.
• Use common software engineering design patterns and paradigms.
We are looking for recent graduates with experience with:
• Working with C++ and Object-Oriented Programming
• Understanding of scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and/or C#
• Visual Studio and related debugging tools
In addition, any experience with the following will be beneficial:
• Experience working with online services/servers (HTTP via REST).
• Knowledge of REST-based APIs.
• Experience with 3rd party APIs.
• Experience with performance and memory profiling tools
• Experience with source control systems such as Git, Perforce, SVN
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1p08m-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.