Sr Manager Hrbp
Redwood City, CA
Director, People Experience Mergers and Acquisitions
Most companies call it HR. At Electronic Arts we made the deliberate decision to brand our organization People Experience (PE). It is not just a play on words, PE is a team of cultural stewards who carefully create programs and talent strategies that directly impacts our teams' experience and enables our People to achieve the most meaningful work of their careers.
We're responsible for recruiting the best diverse talent on the planet and supporting their growth through learning programs, internal mobility, affinity group participation, and leadership development. We listen to our employees and dive into analytics to anchor our recommendations and decisions to keep engagement high. Last but not least, we're responsible for a total rewards strategy that incentivizes equitably, provides outstanding benefits, and ensures a safe and inspiring workplace for our teams.
Entertaining is Our Passion
As one of the world's largest video game developers and publishers, we have many well known titles-Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don't know how we're committed to creating games and services for every platform-from mobile to console-to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
EA was founded by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry-and the company-has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world's best games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders and fueled by our talented staff at locations right across the Globe we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
The Challenge Ahead:
Our Director, People Experience M&A leads all HR-related deal negotiation, due diligence and integration strategy, planning and execution. Your responsibility includes the development of our HR playbook related to mergers, acquisitions and divestitures to ensure consistency in our philosophy and approach across all deals. This is a collaborative role, working with central teams in Corporate Development, HR, Finance, Legal, IT and business teams. This role reports into the VP, Global People Practices.
You will take leadership roles on EA-wide People Experience programs and related project teams, as needed. You will have a global scope, supporting acquisitions and projects across all geographies and businesses.
What the Director, People Experience M&A does at EA:
• Lead the HR activity for deals from negotiation and due diligence through integration management.
• Understand the deal structure as it pertains to a specific team, function and market, as defined by Corporate Development. Use that understanding to create an appropriate integration strategy.
• Summarize and present HR due diligence reports and recommendations. Measure major areas of HR risk and opportunities, e.g. labor expenses, retention, severance, benefits, employee relation issues and culture.
• Manage the HR aspects of the integration of acquisitions with Data & Systems, Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Benefits and appropriate HR Leads across the globe.
• Support analysis / modeling of compensation and job leveling activities.
• Provide excellent customer service to acquired employees by planning their pre- and post- close experience while resolving any issues / questions.
• Maintain the HR strategic projects playbook, tracking best practices, repeatable approaches and lessons learned. Lead retrospectives with a mindset of constant improvement.
• Improve the employee experience during deals - through automation, simplification or other types of process improvement; influence and implement change.
The next great Director, People Experience M&A at EA also needs to have:
• Minimum experience: Bachelor or Masters Degree in a relevant field plus 8 or more years of progressive success as a HR generalist / business partner. Proven experience managing mid to large-scale HR programs.
• 3 or more years of deal experience from negotiations, pre-close through to long-term integration planning. Varied deal sizes and complexity from small to hundreds of employees across geographies.
• Knowledge leader, with experience performing HR due diligence and integration of mergers and acquisitions, as well as, program management.
• You have a passion for process and operational improvement and experience thinking outside of the box to bring innovations to better serve employees.
• Technical experience with deal terms, financial measures and legal agreements.
• Excellent change management skills - able to methodically work through complex problems.
• Engage across the HR organization - with peers, upwards, and with center of expertise partners.
• Experience and familiarity with compensation and benefit considerations for M&A deals.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Have a passion for creating healthy organizations, driving transformation and helping culture be a competitive advantage.
• Ability to travel (frequency will vary, typically not more than 30%)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vzb5-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.