Senior Inclusion & Diversity Consultant
The EA-Tiburon / EA-Orlando studio remains one of EA's largest development studio locations, and it is continuing to grow. With a variety of different products and live services developed at the studio, accompanied by new industry challenges, platforms, and business models, it is imperative that the studio looks to the future in determining operations, capability, and delivery.
In this studio-level role, you will work with the EA-Tiburon Studio Senior Leadership team, Corporate Communications and the EA People Experience team to develop and operationally implement plans related to studio efficiency, workflows, culture, community impact, and continuous improvement. In addition to Orlando, this role is inclusive of EA SPORTS Madrid and EA SPORTS Austin development studios and you will help solve or lead other operational projects. You will report directly to the Studio GM.
• Manage a variety of special projects and operational responsibilities (e.g., continuous improvement, workflows, efficiency) that have a wide impact on the studio's strategic programs. In many cases, these projects will emanate from studio leadership and strategies formed to improve the Tiburon development team's capabilities and products, culture, and operations. In other cases, these projects may take the form of requested local implementation support / efforts of strategies and continuous improvement plans formulated at the corporate or studio level from EA's People Experience team or other EA entities.
• Drive, from a studio operations support perspective, implementation of EA inclusion and diversity practices within the studio to help the realization of EA inclusion and diversity plans from the People Experience team.
• Advocate for community efforts, broadening EA's local reputation as a creative, diverse employer of choice. This will include presence at local functions, identifying causes and opportunities that match EA's community pillars and improve local vision forward, and organizing media opportunities together with local PR and Corporate Communications to broaden public understanding of EA and position the studio as a top destination for creative and technical talent.
• Direct efforts to fulfill and update the EA Orlando Community Action Plan observing the new studio location in the Creative Village in downtown Orlando, Florida.
• Coach experienced and developing managers in performance management and effectiveness.
• Manage the local training budget and develop annual training plans using external third parties and internal EA, LEAP Partner.
• Manage local PR firm budget and contact for studio practices, and partners with Corporate Communications on any local needs requiring external PR support.
• Provide operational contact and support to partners in University Relations (UR), People Experience, Employer Branding, LEAP, and Talent Acquisition teams to help implement local studio-related goals and talent/branding plans.
• Provide leadership for multiple studio operational programs including educational outreach efforts, STEAM events, community events, training events.
• Partner with the Studio Director of Operations to identify and maintain Goals (inspired from a balanced scorecard approach around process delivery vs. budgetary performance vs. quality delivery vs. resource management) on an ongoing basis to measure operational performance and oversee efforts to improve performance from studio leaders.
• Be an active member of Studio Senior Leadership Team (SLT) for Development driving strategic planning, prioritization, inclusive and diverse culture.
• Be the chair of the internal Studio Diversity Council in Orlando, Florida.
• Manage central studio operations resources (contract and employee), if applicable, related to studio program management and support.
• Assist the Studio GM with government relations and incentive-based agreements, if applicable
• Help with miscellaneous studio operations projects that may be temporary or ongoing.
• Share best practices with counterpart(s) in EA SPORTS.
• Organizational development and communication skills (e.g., writing, presentation, public speaking, and facilitation)
• Capabilities as a change leader
• Experience managing people
• Experience implementing inclusion and diversity practices preferred; understanding in and interest / passion for inclusion and diversity programs is required
• Experience working on complex problems where analysis of situations requires an in-depth evaluation
• Experience developing business strategies
• Experience working across organizational lines and others, while respectfully leading discussions in area(s) of focus
• Financial / budgetary experience or related education
• Experience in operations role, game development role, or human resource role
• Experience with RMO (Resource Management Office) operations, training programs, and leadership development
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.