Director, External Technology Relations, CTO Operations
To further expand EA's effectiveness and influence with our external technology partners, we are growing our team that oversees strategically important external technology relationships for EA globally. This team's mandate is to broaden and deepen EA's collaborative engagements with HD and mobile gaming platform partners, as well as other strategically important hardware and software vendors.
The team provides both the initial and ongoing technical point of contact for key partners, as well as technical leadership and coordination of new hardware and software technology evaluation between partners and EA's many different technology teams and game studios.
We are looking for an experienced Director of External Technology Relations who will own and drive strategic projects with external technology partners, presciently evaluate new technical opportunities, and ensure that joint collaborations are successful for both EA and our partners.
Reporting directly to the Head of Technology Partnerships, you will create, enhance and facilitate relationships with important external partners, while guiding research and advising on EA's technology decisions and priorities related to external technology partnerships. The successful candidate will be able to do the following:
• Perform and manage evaluations of external technology solutions, as needed to coalesce informed well communicated recommendations to game teams, technology teams and executives.
• Research new industry technologies that may become strategically important to EA, with an innate ability to effectively sort the signal from the noise and distill to what is either beneficial and/or necessary for EA's objectives
• Be the strategically minded, responsive, collaborative primary relationship owner with external companies for several key technical domains
• Partner with Head of Technology Partnerships to assess and develop strategies, while documenting risks and opportunities of future potential innovations
• A proven track record of creating and nurturing professional relationships of a technical nature, while conveying technical understanding in the domains for which you are responsible
• Outstanding communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written, with an ability to effectively communicate at all levels, from individual contributors to C-level executives, both internally and externally.
• Enthusiastic learner who is passionate about video game related technologies, and embraces change and learning as an exciting challenge
• An ability to dive deeply in a domain with short notice
• Deep understanding of the cloud service provider and mobiles spaces is a plus
• Preferred - Have an engineering or technical product management background in games or gaming related technologies, with at least 10 years of experience
• Comfortable operating independently, take agency, and are able to jump into challenging situations with poise and drive to completion
• Preferred educational background: Computer Science or Electrical Engineering degree or related field, and/or equivalent training and professional experience
• A willingness to travel moderately
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3k4y9-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.