Digital Operations Manager
Location: EA Redwood Shores, CA, USA
We are Electronic Arts' Marketing and Commercial Organization (MCO). Our teams build meaningful relationships with hundreds of millions of players around the world who love our games. We aim to be the best at meeting players where they are and supporting them throughout their journey with EA. Our teams develop the strategic vision of our products, run outstanding multi-channel campaigns, build global engagement across all touch points, develop global insights, and propel sales and global publishing. We understand the dynamic global landscape so we can bring relevant content, promotions, and help to players anywhere.
We foster an environment where our teams create the most amazing work of their career while inspiring the world to play.
Main purpose of role:
The Digital Operations Manager is responsible for successful digital product launches and subsequent live service updates for a portfolio of EA's global digital releases across all platforms. This is achieved through the effective program management of assets to all digital storefronts that our games release on.
The role is part of our Global Operations Commercial team. As a larger team we provide operational services to plan, configure and deliver EA content across all channels, platforms, and business models to our global network of players. The Digital Operations Manager holds close relationships with Product Life Cycle Management, Creative, Marketing and Digital Sales/Merchandising teams, as well as external partners such as console and mobile first parties.
The Digital Operations Manager is accountable for the planning, scheduling, tracking and execution of digital assets for the franchises within their portfolio. Responsibilities include operational related deliverables from key stakeholders, including the Global Digital Sales/Merchandising teams, Creative, Marketing, and First Parties. Working to align optimal asset handoffs for digital product launches, the Digital Operations Manager ensures alignment between all stakeholders, partners closely with marketing teams to guide them through the publishing process, advising teams to complete their releases on-time via standard practices and procedures.
The Digital Operations Manager role is supported by one or more Project Managers as well as one or more Project Associates and reports to the Digital Operations Director.
The Digital Operations Manager interfaces at various levels across Global Operations Commercial, Marketing & Corporate to ensure that digital asset delivery processes are met, and status is understood. In addition, the role is key to supporting the development of new digital delivery processes and changes to meet evolving business requirements.
• Lead a team in multiple locations & time zones.
• Deliver the digital product release plan for a portfolio of titles.
• Ensure all team & individual objectives are hit on an annual basis.
• Actively partner with designated key stakeholders & first party partners to ensure goals are being achieved.
• Be a positive leader of the team by understanding the plan in detail and giving direction and inspiring confidence in the ability of the team to deliver.
• Be a subject matter expert on how the processes and tools work and support the wider EA business process across Operations, Creative and Marketing.
• Manage the performance of the team to the required performance levels, utilizing the existing EA tools & infrastructure.
• Ensure regular 1:1's with all team members are in place and occur on a frequent basis. Ensure at regular intervals travel to remote locations to ensure wider and regular team reviews.
• Identify optimization opportunities in existing operational processes and procedures, collaborate with other teams and stakeholders to build efficiencies and reduce redundancy.
• Be a champion for change across the team.
Skills and Experience:
• 5+ years of experience in project management, product planning, scheduling, certification/QA, or game development
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience working within global and multi-cultural organisations is desirable.
• Lead a team in multiple locations & time zones.
• Meticulous with high degree of attention to detail with a strong background in understanding processes & systems and ensuring they conform to the required standards.
• Able to challenge the status quo and handle conflict constructively.
• Able to be resourceful and innovative - identifying issues, implementing solutions to product issues and processes as required.
• Strong interpersonal skills - with ability to influence (often without authority) & negotiate win-win solutions.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize and be flexible - able to adapt plans with directness to react to change and the reality of software development.
• Responsive, results-oriented nature with high energy level and drive.
• Strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
• Understands customers' needs and proactively gathers information to learn their expectations.
Behaviors / Competencies:
• High-level of professionalism; takes initiative and demonstrates a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
• Proven ability to lead a remote virtual team with team members from the larger organization and multiple locations and backgrounds.
• Driven to achieve goals with a high level of productivity.
• Ability to see, understand and work within the big picture.
• Flexible; comfortable in an environment of constant change, adjusts quickly to changing priorities, remains open minded to new information and approaches.
• Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with partners.
• Process-driven and highly detail-oriented; ability to clearly communicate project information.
• Proactive, assertive, flexible, and diplomatic; creative problem-solver
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roo2x3-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.