Digital Ingest Technician - Contract
Digital Ingest Technician, Competitive Gaming - Contract
This is a 6 month contract position
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
The DIT ensures that all media flowing thru post production is ingested in the proper format for editing. This includes receiving feeds from external vendors and the internal EA studio team. Tagging that content in the MAM system, ensuring all deliverables are accounted for, and prepping files and projects for the editors to begin cutting content.
• Receive, organize, encode, and ingest all footage from a variety of different formats. Familiarity with multiple file codecs and flavors is a MUST.
• Keep files and assets organized while adhering to strict naming conventions inside of our Media Asset Management System (iconik). Experience with MAM systems a plus.
• Quality control of content received by external partners to ensure file integrity.
• Ensuring the archiving of EA assets thru our media management system.
• Work with Media Manager to maintain MAM integrity (Metadata capture, collection management, ingest que backup).
• Converting projects from blackbird to MAM.
Skills & Qualifications:
• 1-2+ years as a lead assistant editor or post production coordinator or DIT at a major network or publisher.
• Basic NLE experience, clipping, exporting, checking sound levels, making presets.
• Comfortable handling multiple projects at a time, organized, works well with others, cool-headed, tech-savvy. Must treat the job as a customer service experience for those requiring assistance.
• Experience with broadcast standard filetypes and formats (ProRes, H.264, DNX, XML ect), Adobe creative suite including premiere and media encoder, Photoshop, Handbrake, AWS Storage and terminal commands a plus.
• Needs to have familiarity with various codecs and compressions including ProRes 422 and H.264 along with various bitrate and video wrappers like .mp4/.mov, experience with LTO tapes and archiving preferred.
• Impeccably detail oriented and organized. Must be comfortable and experienced with enforcing naming conventions.
• Candidates with Network Television Deliverables experience are a huge plus.
• Ability to work occasional weekends
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmx616-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.