Software Engineer (Temporary)
Software Engineer - DRE
DRE are EA's continuous integration and build experts. We are a team of over 100, located in EA studios across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
We pride ourselves on providing superior automation services to our internal customers - EA's game, engine, product, and content teams.
We are looking for someone to join the Development and Release Engineering team (DRE) in Vancouver, Canada or as a remote resource, as a Build Engineer and provide excellent services to our internal partner development teams. You will report to our Engineering Manager in DRE Mobile
• Work as a technical liaison with development teams to address build issues and improvements
• Collaborate with team-mates to maintain and enhance a robust automation pipeline
• Create, modify, and maintain pipeline and workflow tools
• Monitor automation systems and proactively respond to breakages
• Monitor and analyze metrics to optimize automation systems
• Report regular status on assigned tasks and proactively identify project risks and issues
We operate in a wide technical environment. Candidates with experience in software development will be well-regarded, and exposure to a range of DevOps tools & technologies is a bonus.
• OO programming languages (e.g. Java, C#, C++)
• Scripting languages (e.g. Python, Groovy)
• Source-control administration (e.g. Perforce, Git)
• Mobile app development (e.g. iOS, Android)
• Build pipeline tools (e.g. Jenkins, QuickBuild, TeamCity)
• Configuration Management and Continuous Integration/Deployment
• Cloud deployments (e.g. to AWS, Azure, Google)
• Container technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
• System administration (e.g. Linux, Windows, VMware)
Ideal Candidate Characteristics
• Background in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 1+ years of Software Engineering experience
• Desire to collaborate with our global team
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Active interest in the automation movement
• Active contributor to the Open Source community
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnbnvk-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.