DevOps Engineer (Temporary)
At our core, Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects hundreds of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world's greatest games. The EAX team is driving the strategy and implementation of EA's network, helping EA's community of players connect to one another and to the games they love to play. Our work includes: EA.com; in-game experiences and strategies to connect players across platforms; EA Play, our cross-platform subscription; the EA desktop app; and a host of other consumer experiences and strategies.
In your role as DevOps Engineer, you will report to the TechOps Manager, EAX Support, and partner with other DevOps Engineers in our Technical Operations team. You will build technical and professional relationships within a diverse and collaborative team. Our teams will work with you and your team, during all phases of the service life cycle, from build-out, deployment, to ongoing service support and maintenance. You will also help create documentation needed to assure a high level of service.
You will have the following skills:
• Understand ITIL Service Operation
• At least 3 years experience working with enterprise applications in a web 2.0, enterprise IT, service provider, or web service environment.
• Expert level practical AWS experience.
• High level of knowledge of CDN strategies (Akamai, Cloudfront).
• High level of Linux system administration experience, Ubuntu-based, alternatively RHEL or centOS
• Experience creating automation tools.
• Experience with kubernetes and containerization.
• Experience with PagerDuty - configuration and setup of advanced features.
• Experience designing solution for monitoring, reporting and alerting using industry-leading tools (e.g Zabbix, Nagios, New Relic, AppDynamics, Sensu). Splunk or Elasticsearch also beneficial.
• Deep knowledge across multiple of: Java, Java-based APIs, Nginx, the Play Framework, Apache Tomcat, J2EE
• Advanced in the concepts and implementation of CI/CD. Jenkins knowledge, artifactory, maven, sbt, and version control valued.
• High level of understanding of software configuration management (chef, puppet, ansible) and release management
• Desire to work in an agile team environment.
• Experience working with ticketing systems.
• Experience creating excellent technical documentation for our use.
• Make self available to other staff members as a source of information.
• Develop and coordinate knowledge transfer.
• Experience with ''big data'' tech: Cassandra, HADOOP and zookeeper.
• Experience in systems, storage and network automation, kickstart, cobbler.
• Networking knowledge at layer 2, 3, loadbalancing, firewalls.
• Knowledge of Web 2.0 software infrastructure (to include internet scale platforms)
• Experience delivering applications using Oracle, MySQL and NoSQL technologies
• Experience diagnosing complex API issues through packet capture analysis (Wireshark, tcpdump).
• Experience in multiple compliance regimes such as SOX, SAS70 or PCI.
• Enthusiasm for gaming is desired; ability to stay on the forefront of industry trends is a big plus
In a typical week, the DevOps Engineer could…
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues with our online gaming and ecommerce platforms and infrastructure
• Maintain and upgrade our build and pipeline platform
• Build automation tools for our EAX Support team
• Perform maintenance on our AWS resources
You'll build relationships and work with…
• EAX Support team to empower them
• Other members of the EAX organization to integrate with our support services
• Teams from outside of EAX to coordinate shared services
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3v449-3-236-222-124-42 in your application.