Guildford, United Kingdom
DevOps Engineer (Criterion)
For more than fifteen years we've entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our experienced people have expressed their passion for phenomenal game feel, AAA audiovisual quality, and technical innovation in the Burnout & Need for Speed series and in Battlefield 1, Star Wars X-Wing VR, Starfighter Assault, Arcade for Star Wars Battlefront II and Firestorm for Battlefield V.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We'd love to hear yours! Crunch doesn't help make a better game. We don't do it. For the past three years, we are very proud to have been recognized by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK. Let's talk about how you could be a part of it.
• You will work with the entire infrastructure of the Need For Speed franchise to make sure our players can have an always-online experience.
• You will report into the Technical Director of Online and Operations.
• Develop user-friendly tools, efficient pipelines and workflows that aid in the development and iteration of game servers
• Implement reporting and monitoring of services
• Work with the Frostbite Team to implement server solutions for changes in upcoming releases
Qualifications / Skills
• AWS or similar cloud experience
• Git or Perforce
• Scripting experience in Python, Go, Bash
• Linux / Ubuntu / Centos
• RDBMS database experience
• Dashboard creation experience in Kibana, Grafana or similar
• C++ exposure / understanding
• Experience working in an enterprise micro-service environment
• Comfortable working in a large Linux and Windows environment
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.