Online Software Engineer
• Directly support game server environments, from development to production.
• Perform OS configuration, troubleshoot application, network, and server-level problems.
• Develop scripts and productivity-enhancing tools for automation of system administration tasks
• Maintain documentation of systems configurations and procedures, including run-books for live support
• Support feature launches, live events, and emergency escalations
• Evaluate and adopt technologies to improve team efficiency and platform capabilities
• Work with a global team to implement new technologies and provide support within a follow the sun model
• Partner with Development, QA and other partner teams to implement and maintain secure and scalable infrastructure
• You will report to the Operations Development Director and partner with the Technical Lead to estimate and deliver projects and achieve excellent results
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited educational institution in Computer engineering, computer science, information systems or equivalent
• 3+ years of experience in Linux/Unix Systems administration (CentOS/RedHat), including implementation, administration, and support of important systems
• Hands-on experience working with network protocols and technologies (LDAP, DNS, DHCP, NFS, NAS, VPN, Firewall, Ethernet Switches and Routers, Sniffers, TCP/IP, Subnetting, VLANs)
• Knowledge of OS security fundamentals for publicly accessible Linux servers
• Experience working with automation systems such as Jenkins and distributed source control solutions such as GIT
• Knowledge in a common scripting language (Shell, Python)
• Keen interest in DevOps methodologies and technologies (Docker, Chef, Ansible)
• Passion about technology aligned with flexibility, enthusiasm and motivation to learn
Nice to have:
• Knowledge of Cloud-based server deployments (EC2, OpenStack)
• Knowledge of database concepts, database structures, relational databases and related applications
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.