Development Manager - Studio Technology Group (STG)
Development Technology & Solutions
Development Technology & Solutions is a partner of EA Studios. They span four continents, bringing together diverse individuals passionate about their craft from across the globe. They partner in every development phase while improving their expertise to create greater experiences for players. DTS participates in creating some of the most beloved games and supports ongoing live services. Through cutting-edge technology, data-driven insights, and state-of-the-art practices, they drive quality and directly impact players. They are a learning organization, sharing collaboratively and exploring innovative ways to solve challenges in creating amazing games for millions of players worldwide.
The Studio Technology Group (STG) is a collection of teams reporting to the VP of Studio Central Technology whose mission is to provide technical solutions to grow and improve video game development operations. STG also provides leadership and support to Cross-Studios Technical projects, Engineering Community activities, and Content and Developer workflows.
As a Development Manager you will work with our Technical Director to manage a cross-discipline team of software engineers and QA specialists within STG. As the keeper of team processes and project schedules you will help our development team with product deliveries to technology adopters across EA while ensuring strong quality, collaboration and communication.
• Maintain and evolve an effective, empowered team; participate in hiring process, identify resourcing needs, challenges and developmental opportunities to ensure that the team and employees within reach their potential.
• Lead Scaled Agile Framework and Scrum planning and execution processes, ensuring the process is understood and followed by team members.
• Ensure deliverable and plan clarity within and outside the team by regularly participating in partner meetings, and preparing accurate status reports using analytics.
• Identify project issues, risks, and dependencies and ensure they are addressed.
• Continuously make improvements to team processes.
• Facilitate project changes, ensuring a common understanding of the impact of the change.
• 3+ years project management or team leadership experience.
• A technical background in software development.
• Education requirement University degree Bachelors or equivalent professional experience.
• Experience facilitating Scrum methodology.
• Adaptability to tailoring verbal and written information to the audience across all levels and organizations.
• Experience working in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmexp3-54-80-249-22-42 in your application.