EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment – connecting hundreds of millions around the world to the sports they love through a portfolio of industry-leading video games.
Building on an incredible 30 year foundation, we're redefining football with EA SPORTS FC - a genre-leading ecosystem of interactive experiences, bringing a global community of football fans closer to The World's Game. Together, we're taking the largest football club in the world to new heights – and this is just the beginning! With more opportunity than ever to innovate and create new, authentic experiences that bring joy, inclusivity, and immersion to fans everywhere, we invite you to join us as we pioneer the future of football with EA SPORTS FC, and welcome everyone to the club!
Reporting to a Development Director, a Development Manager (DM) ensures the delivery of a game feature is on time and within budget. You as the DM will oversee the project schedule and manage the team to achieve a high standard.
• Manage a development team which generally consists of Software Engineers.
• Anticipate bottlenecks, provide management escalation, project prioritization, make tradeoffs, balance the needs versus technical constraints, and promote initial partner deployments.
• Host daily stand-up meetings in the PST time zone and ensure the team is following procedure for work prioritization.
• Focus on the immediate team and identify team issues, and suggest solutions related to execution goals. Identify task-related processes to improve efficiency.
• Ensure each project setup meets the specifications with Studio with regular status reporting and capacity plan updates.
• Establish engagement processes to ensure all workflows are clearly defined, processes are documented, and staff are trained in expectations.
• You will manage professional development plans and conduct regular one-on-ones with direct reports.
• 3+ years of Project Management or Project Lead Experience with production lifecycles, processes and project planning.
• Bachelor's degree in any number of related fields including Computer Science, Game Development, Business, 3D Arts.
• You have experience in a Scrum / Agile software development environment (Jira, Slack Automations, Excel, Google Sheet Automations, and Miro) is preferred but not necessary.
• You have experience working with expansive teams, mediation and conflict resolution.
• Comfortable public speaking, talking through solutions and distilling information.
• You have experience with formal communications, publishing reports or partner facing documentation is highly recommended.
BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $77,600 - $130,500 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7ozpp-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.