Development Manager - EA Sports FC (3D Art)
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment – connecting hundreds of millions around the world to the sports they love through a portfolio of industry-leading video games.
Building on an incredible 30 year foundation, we're redefining football with EA SPORTS FC - a genre-leading ecosystem of interactive experiences, bringing a global community of football fans closer to The World's Game. Together, we're taking the largest football club in the world to new heights – and this is just the beginning!
With more opportunity than ever to innovate and create new, authentic experiences that bring joy, inclusivity, and immersion to fans everywhere, we invite you to join us as we pioneer the future of football with EA SPORTS FC, and welcome everyone to the club!
The EA Sports FC Art team is a global community of content creators covering Characters, Environments, Lighting, Project Management, Technical Art, and Visual Effects. Fueled by imagination and a unified passion to grow the love of sports for players worldwide, we push visual boundaries and create leading edge content.
What a Development Manager (DM) does at EA:
A Development Manager manages a variety of disciplines including artists, designers, software engineers, QA and other production staff. DM's are the keepers of the project schedule and help move the development team from one project phase to the next while ensuring collaboration and communication. You will report to a Development Director, and partner with Producers and Directors to ensure the project is managed on time, to quality, and within budget.
You Have Experience in the Following:
• Build and evolve team; identify resourcing needs, provide challenges and developmental opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential.
• Develop working relationships with immediate team and those outside of the immediate team that have an effect on the completion of the project.
• Provide line management to employees across departments within a single project team.
• Communicate with project team and coordinate requirements with external partners.
• Work closely with Development Director to determine scope, develop project plan, and delivery schedule.
• Establish and assign task goals from defined project goals; achieve project deliverables through managing a team at a project-level.
• Assess risk for assigned scope, provide visibility, and propose mitigation strategies for identified risks.
• Create a production schedule based on task estimates.
• Determine the resource requirements needed to complete the tasks every milestone.
• Assign tasks to team resources and follow up on progress regularly to ensure timely delivery.
• Partner with Art Directors, Producers, and Designers to ensure visual quality targets are met.
• 3+ years project management or team leadership experience
• Education requirement University degree bachelor's or equivalent professional experience
• Experience in different project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
• Strong knowledge of JAAS and Excel for day to day tracking and scheduling.
• 2+ years working with artists and managing content.
• Experience managing OS teams is considered an asset.
BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $77,600 - $130,500 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3q629-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.