EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to deliver outstanding visuals, audio and technology. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing content and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
The EA Create Tools and Technology Team is looking for accomplished people to help us fulfill our mission of providing creative tools and workflows that allow EA to lead the industry in content quality. Our group strives to build an ecosystem of modular components that are efficient, adjustable to trends and allow for quick iteration of any artistic idea into reality.
The Challenge Ahead:
The Development Director (DD) role oversees all aspects of people and project management within their team. You will be experienced in developing people and have proven experience delivering high-quality products to customers. This role is your chance to focus on a large asset library product that is being developed within EA Create, with the support of an amazing, and growing, team.
• Provide career management to those employees who report to you.
• Build and evolve the teams you oversee; identify resourcing needs, provide challenges and developmental opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential.
• Partner with the other team DDs to create a creative, collaborative, and inclusive environment, promoting a culture of learning and success
• Ensure the team is following established quarterly and sprint planning processes and guidelines, course correcting where needed, and improving where there are opportunities to do so.
• Own project finances, determine task dependencies, and partner with external teams/resources where needed.
• Proactively contribute to making process improvements across the team
• Partner with the Product leads and the delivery team to help them establish and assign sprint tasks from defined quarterly project goals using JIRA.
• Identify and mitigate team and project risks, focusing on removing blockers for the team.
• Monitor sprint and quarterly plan progress and work with the Product leads to communicate variances to important partners.
• 4 years project management of web development projects
• 2 years team leadership experience, including career management of individuals
• University degree Bachelors or equivalent professional experience;
• 1+ years of experience using Agile project management methodology.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1yo6m-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.