EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to deliver outstanding visuals, audio and technology. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing content and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
The EA Create Tools and Technology and Capture Development Teams are looking for accomplished people to help us fulfill our mission of providing creative tools and workflows that allow EA to lead the industry in content quality. Our group strives to build an ecosystem of modular components that are efficient, adjustable to trends and allow for quick iteration of any artistic idea into reality.
We pride ourselves on being a team of open-minded collaborators who seek to build great solutions with our partners using honest and mindful communication and collaboration. We aim for excellence in all that we do, from the delivery of high-quality solutions, to our culture of constant learning, to our passion for sharing and innovating.
The Challenge Ahead:
The Development Director (DD) role oversees all aspects of people and project management within their team. You will be experienced in developing people, and have proven experience delivering high-quality products to customers.
• Provide strong career management to those employees who report to you.
• Build and evolve the teams you oversee; identify resourcing needs, provide challenges and developmental opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential.
• Develop working relationships with immediate team and those outside of the immediate team that influence the completion of the team's work.
• Partner with the other team DDs to create a creative, collaborative, and inclusive environment, promoting a culture of learning and success.
• Ensure the team is following established quarterly and sprint planning processes and guidelines, course correcting where needed, and improving where there are opportunities to do so.
• Run the resource planning for the teams you oversee, mapping capacity to demand at a quarterly and sprint level.
• Partner with the Product Owner and the team to help them establish and assign sprint tasks from defined quarterly project goals using JIRA.
• Identify and mitigate team and project risks.
• Monitor sprint and quarterly plan progress and work with Product Owners to communicate variances to important partners.
• Celebrate the team's successes.
• 4 years project management or team leadership experience;
• University degree Bachelors or equivalent professional experience;
• 1+ years of experience using Agile project management methodology.
Bonus if you have:
• Experience using JIRA.
• Experience surfacing analytics and metrics.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq8y86-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.