DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise, and the very creative game Mirror's Edge.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best with a common cause.
We are looking for an experienced project and people manager who is passionate about the technology of gaming to provide daily production support for their team(s). You will create an environment that enables our excellent engineers, and their teams, to focus on what they are good at and support them with administrative work and production/project support. The Development Director plans time, resources and tracking progress working together with the other leads in the team. You will be an essential person in the daily operation of the teams you work with.
What skills does DICE look for?
We believe you have the following experience and skills:
• 5+ years project & people management experience – preferably in the tech / software development industry.
• Effective management of engineers (even senior ones), and the resources they use to deliver delight to players.
• Delivering live service games and content, with an excellence in live ops.
• Negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution in large, complex project setups
• Leading and coaching teams in Agile methodologies (preferred: ScrumMaster certification).
• Agile development, using Scrum/Kanban/Lean
• Project roadmaps, sprint planning, retrospectives, dependency management
• Day-to-day team and people management
• Overall project development with emphasis on team empowerment
• Risk analysis and mitigation techniques
• Budgeting and resource planning
• Project Management Tools, for example: Jira, EazyBI, PowerBI, Hansoft, Excel (create & maintain complex spreadsheets), Trello, or other project management, reporting and tracking tools.
• People management tools, for example: Workday
• Communications tools, for example: Word, PowerPoint, Slack, Zoom
• Strongly preferred: people management, talent development, helping individuals grow through coaching, mentorship, and candid feedback.
• Strong communication skills across all levels of the organization, using tools and methods appropriate to each.
We believe you want to:
• Scale and grow a new Tech & Live Services group within the DICE organization, ultimately serving creation of all DICE games, while establishing and maintaining team health standards.
• Work with your teams and coach them in agile methodologies and processes as well as work with team health and communication
• Be the people manager for your team and help and grow your direct reports with feedback and career coaching.
• Align resource capacity for complex projects/teams, identify, escalate, and propose with the support of team leadership opportunities to address skill gaps and build business justifications for additional resources.
• Establish and maintain change management processes for existing services to ensure that releases and live service issues are triaged, resolved, and that the release process is accurately followed with engagement from all partners.
• Use change management processes to communicate and measure the effectiveness of project-wide change effectively
• A desire to lead and help teams and individuals achieve their goals
• Focus on motivating and inspiring team(s) to work as one towards the project goals
• A love for tech - recognizing how it enables huge numbers or interactions, better rewards and gameplay. You don't mind being ''under the hood,'' you love it.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d98534-54-211-101-93-42 in your application.