Development Director, Analytics
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most unique and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is challenging work. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The EA Mobile and Asia Studios Data and Insights group (SDI) is responsible for bringing insights that inform future video game design across the EA Mobile and Asia portfolio including popular franchises such as FIFA, Madden NFL, The Sims, and more!
The Challenge Ahead:
We are seeking a Development Director I who will be an integral part of our leadership team. You will manage project and resource planning, balance scope with capacity, track progress, implement and improve processes, mentor people, and manage risks and mitigation. Analytics excites you and with your solutions-oriented mindsight, you will come into this new role as a force multiplier for a team, ready to establish best practices and tools that boost efficiency and effectiveness of how insights are delivered and integrated across our Mobile and Asia portfolio.
• Establishing direction & strategy for multiple complex projects/teams while ensuring alignment with internal & external leadership
• Monitoring & adjusting capacity plans for multiple complex projects/teams to address skill gaps and identify funding needs
• Owning the budget for multiple complex projects/teams and partnering with finance to maintain a healthy budget
• Being the point of escalation for conflict management and problem-solving
• Partnering with DDs at all levels to train them and provide mentorship
• Establishing and maintaining team health standards through team leaders
• Identifying and implementing process improvement initiatives across full projects or multiple teams
• Approving plans, schedules, and status reports across multiple complex projects/teams
• Anticipating and solving dependencies between the project and external groups
• Using change management processes to communicate and measure the effectiveness of project-wide change effectively
What a Development Director I at EA does:
• Prioritize and groom their team(s) backlog
• Host stand-ups, grooming, sprint planning, demos, retrospectives, and other team meetings with your agile team(s)
• Develop a repeatable structured approach for capturing and describing key requirements
• Create work estimates, track progress, and report status
• Understand the business priorities and keep the team on track by encouraging communication and collaboration
• Drive execution from concept to live (estimates, tasks, change requests, bugs)
• Act as scrum master for cross-functional team(s) including analysts, engineers, and data scientists
• Form close working relationships with discipline leads, provide regular coaching and mentoring
• Manage stakeholder communication and requirements
• Establish trust and credibility with team leadership as well as studio leadership
• Coordinate dependencies with external parties across the company
• Take ownership of your role
• Passionate about managing data teams
• 5+ years working as a project manager
• 3+ years of experience working in a Software Development industry, and you have released multiple solutions while seeing them through all phases of the development life cycle.
• Have experience managing internal and external teams
• Have many conflict resolution tools in your tool belt
• The ability to comfortably talk across all levels of an organization
• The ability to always know the status of your project and can visualize that status for any audience
• Strong negotiation, prioritization, and conflict resolutions skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
• Experience working in data analytics a plus
• Experience working in or managing a co-development environment a strong plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq8b49-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.