Development Director - Create
Development Director - Create (Audio)
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to deliver outstanding visuals, audio and technology. Our teams consist of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
EA Create Audio is an award-winning team creating audio content for numerous titles focused on uniting creative talents and technical expertise to drive industry leading audio. There are many exciting projects underway and we produce progressive audio content for in-game products from multiple studio locations.
What a Development Director does at EA:
A Development Director manages a variety of disciplines including artists, designers, software engineers, QA and other production staff. DD's are the keepers of the project schedule and will partner closely with producers to ensure that they are managing the project on time, to quality, and within budget.
We are looking for an experienced Development Director to join the Create Audio team at our EAV studio who is passionate about both people and project management to provide daily production leadership to the team(s).
To be a successful candidate for this role, you need to be great at:
Leadership & People Management
• Build and evolve effective and healthy teams; identify resourcing needs.
• Maintain open and regular communication with project teams.
• Coordinate dependencies with external partners.
• Participate in the hiring process to ensure qualified candidates are available to meet project requirements.
• Provide consistent, constructive feedback to team members and guide their career development and progression.
• Create an inclusive environment and proactively address any conflict on the team.
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with internal and partner teams.
• Establish and assign task objectives from defined project goals, achieving project deliverables by managing multiple teams at a project level (e.g. franchise wide level).
• Proactively assess and mitigate risk for assigned scope.
• Partner with production to manage scope and quality.
• Develop an overall project schedule based on the individual task estimates for production.
• Determine the resources needed to meet the task requirements.
• Establish a project budget, determine task dependencies, and assign tasks to team resources as appropriate.
• Champion adherence to Create Audio operational protocol.
• Track metrics as required.
• Proactively contribute to making process improvements across the Create Audio team.
• 5+ years Project Management and team leadership experience.
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral) across all levels of an organization, especially for geographically distributed teams in various time zones.
• Ability to work with artists, understanding the creative process and its impact on business needs.
• Ability to provide succinct status reports in a proactive and effective manner.
• Ability to own and drive meetings with multiple stakeholders and effectively attain its purpose.
• Experience in various project management methodologies, such as Waterfall and Agile, and a familiarity with project management tools (i.e. Jira/Hansoft).
• Positive, team-based attitude.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4yv17-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.