Our Development Directors provide specialized testing services across a series of projects and services, within a team distributed across multiple locations. You will revolve around managing a series of software testing processes and software testing team members to achieve the highest levels of quality on the products that are part of the EAX portfolio.
The Development Director aligns with leadership as well as representatives of other product teams to collaborate laterally and promote best practices and new ideas to ensure company business goals are met in the most efficient ways possible.
This Development Direct will report directly to the Head of EAX Quality Verification and be part of our core operations leadership team that spans the portfolio and includes representatives from all project teams to guide our overall approach and impact.
Experience in Operations:
• Work with partners to improve overall quality by emphasizing quality verification throughout the development lifecycle.
• Improve the operational effectiveness of the quality verification strategy by understanding current practices and introducing new strategies.
• Develop working relationships with our partners internal to EAX and external other QA teams across the company.
• Partner with external shared service teams to accomplish project requirements as well as engagement with 1st party partners
• Provide line management to employees across assigned project team/s
• Work with the project team and coordinate requirements and resource needs
• Establish and assign success criteria for defined project goals; achieve project deliverables through managing team at a project-level.
• Mitigate risk for assigned scope.
• Work with partners to manage scope and quality
• Ensure team is focused on high impact and high value deliverables
• Oversee and coordinate cross team testing activities for launches or releases
• Make decisions around the balance between quality/time/cost, and directing the team accordingly.
• Provide feedback to the project budget and budget planning process; follow and track budget.
• Look for efficiencies and opportunities for experimentation of new approaches within our testing processes and procedures
You should also have:
• Understanding of Agile project management methodology; can model systems and reports using MS or Google docs suite
• Experience with JIRA and test planning tools
• Experience with using PowerBI or other data driven tools to support monitoring and reporting
• Experience managing a project including establishing project plan and project budget, determining task requirements, assigning tasks and implementing operational changes
• You can identify/mitigating risks; take appropriate steps to resolve difficulties including changes to work methods, technologies and project schedules.
• You take ownership and see projects through despite obstacles and difficult circumstances, demonstrating a sense of commitment.
• You learn quickly and apply new concepts and procedures while dealing with change by asking questions or promoting solutions.
• You continuously look to improve and strengthen our approach, our team and our strategic approach
• 5+ years project management or team leadership experience.
• Education requirement University degree bachelor's or equivalent professional experience.
• Experience with different software development methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall).
• Software development management experience.
• Familiarity with EA's products.
• Desire to lead inclusively and build diverse teams.
• Project management certifications or training.
• Understanding of Big data systems and pipelines.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.