'Motive' is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will play a significant role in making the extraordinary. You'll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
You will report to the project Technical Design Director and work towards a mastery of Frostbite, EA's state-of-the-art game engine that powers games such as Star Wars™: Squadrons, Battlefield™, Need for Speed™, Dragon Age™ and Plants vs. Zombies™. You will learn how everything works and won't shy away from diving into new or undocumented systems.
• You will be a proactive problem solver and contributor.
• Support and guide other team members in relation to design features and workflows; you are the first point of escalation for designers and programmers.
• Alongside the Technical Design Director, you will identify and lead the development of new design workflow and features.
• You will maintain and own systems and features during production.
• Review designs, content and the game to ensure consistency, quality and compliance with performance goals, memory budgets and standards.
• Review incoming bugs within the Technical Design team to stay on top of any issues.
• Implement scripting or game design work when needed during parts of production.
• You will lead and manage the day to day work of the Technical Designers, alongside the Technical Design Director.
• Experience in technical design processes, content creation, engines, tools and pipelines.
• Visual scripting-languages experience.
• Work towards mastery of our engine. 'Aims to know how everything works.'
• You have an understanding of code and experience bridging design and engineering practices.
• Experience in cross disciplinary collaboration and bridging between creatives and engineers.
• Well versed in modern game design trends and how they function.
• 2-3+ shipped games.
• 6 or more years of games industry experience, (experience in a technical role is an advantage).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj2x9e-54-80-249-22-42 in your application.