Remote / Virtual
Design Director / Design Lead (Contract)
Design Director / Design Lead (EA Brand Team) – (6-month contract)
The newly formed brand team for Electronic Arts is only nine months into building our brand, so all of this is very new. That means we're still making it up as we go along. If you're a leader who is also a doer, and if you're looking for a challenge, then this might be your gig. Full transparency, right now we all muck in on everything and it can be a little messy. But that's because you've caught us at the best time - the very beginning - how exciting is that? The opportunity to bring an amazing brand back to life doesn't come around too often… so that's why we're here and hopefully why you're still reading this job description ...
The Design Director / Design Lead is responsible for the strategic and hands-on development of visual brand identities, design systems, and digital / print channel executions in support of the Electronic Arts hero brand.
Our ideal candidate has a track record of successfully building globally recognized brands in organizations that expect nothing less than A+ work. Additionally, this candidate must thrive in a collaborative environment, adapt well to a constantly evolving industry, possess practical knowledge of brand and digital design, and generally carry positive energy that benefits the greater team.
• Participate in the development of the Electronic Arts hero brand and its sub brand identity systems.
• Lead the creation of all global brand assets across a range of mediums including web, social, digital, and print.
• Assist in various internal design requests (i.e. internal branding, EA brand swag, enterprise presentations, and etc.)
• Direct internal designers and oversee the day-to-day work.
• Create and maintain brand guidelines, brief and educate partner teams on these rules, and ensure consistency and quality benchmarks are met in execution.
• Help lead and direct our external design agencies, keeping both small and large-scale projects on track.
• Partner with Product Design Team (UI/UX) to build an authentic, consistent experience across all touchpoints.
• Ability to present work and build alignment around design direction and execution with senior stakeholders.
• Work in a hands-on environment that requires flexibility, imagination, a can-do attitude, a sense of fun, and the desire to learn and grow.
• Ability to interpret creative feedback and data into iterative design. A multi-revision process is often part of our work.
• Understand the importance of aligning the overall brand strategy into every design execution.
• Work on multiple projects from concept to completion
Skills and experience:
• 5+ years of experience at a creative/design agency and/or in-house team
• Proven experience in creating for global brands in digital, print, experiential, and environmental channels with a portfolio that shows beautiful and strategic design solutions
• Deep knowledge of all aspects of brand design, including typography, iconography, illustration, photography and visual language.
• Strong understanding and awareness of design trends, brand standards and processes, including best practices.
• Ability to develop ideas from concept to execution utilizing your vast knowledge of strategic branding, retail environments, paid and owned marketing channels.
• Possess solid communication skills – must be able to present the work and also provide clear directions to designers
• Excellent hands-on design, typography, and layout skills.
• Experience with product design UI/UX is a plus.
• Able to translate a large branding idea to multiple touch points in all channels.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently, with excellent time management skills and a strong work ethic.
• Must be comfortable making changes to work based upon layered feedback.
• Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Cloud (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
• Passion for design and games!
BFA in Graphic Design or Art Direction. Additional experience in related fields a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22835-3-227-0-150-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.