CrowdStar is a Glu Mobile studio and is now part of the Electronic Arts family. The combination of our talented teams at Glu and EA position us as a leader in the largest gaming category in the world. We are forming a powerful growth engine that will expand our current games and deliver more amazing new experiences across sports, lifestyle, mid-core, and casual for players everywhere. Come join us!
The Casual Studio Business Intelligence team is responsible for delivering insights through our internal dashboards and providing machine learning models for the games. The team is responsible for maintaining and supporting the data for existing games and new games. Team members are comprised of other senior data developers, data analysts, data scientists, and product managers.
We're looking for a talented and driven data engineer with a keen eye for data and business to help us build and scale our future smart data platform. Our ideal candidate is an independent, analytically minded individual with strong data modeling and software engineering skills, who shares our passion for games. In this role, you'll directly work with cross-functional teams (product, engineering, services) to design, develop, and deploy data solutions for our game studios.
• Architect scalable data models and build efficient and reliable ETL pipelines
• Design, build and launch visualizations and self-serve analytics products and data platforms that empower our internal customers with flexible insights
• Build data expertise, and partner with data scientists and product engineers to define and standardize business rules and maintain high-fidelity data
• Partner with other engineers in the development of new tools to enable our customers to understand and access data more efficiently
• Build, optimize and maintain machine learning models for the game studios
• Work cross-functionally (e.g.: product managers, engineers, business teams) to support new product and feature launches
• Passion for games and a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Business Administration, Marketing, or related field
• 3+ years of working experience building web applications using Django, Flask, or some equivalent MVC framework
• Competent in front-end frameworks: ReactJS, AngularJS
• Experience in developing RESTful API application
• Experience with object-oriented programming (OOP) principles and data structures concepts
• 3+ years of database working experience with SQL and relational database design
• Familiar with Microservices Architecture
• Understanding of full software development life cycle, including code reviews, source control, build processes, and testing
• Good understanding of server-side templating languages Jinja 2
• Familiar with Python IDE like PyCharm and Eclipse working along with debugger
• Experience and/or knowledge of Apache Superset is a huge plus
• Familiarity and experience with big data technologies is a plus (e.g.: Hive, Spark, Presto)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d818qm-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.