EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
The Data Engineer will be a key member of the Sports Security Team reporting to the Data Development Director. You will support the Security Data Scientists by ensuring the availability of the data needed to perform big data analysis, machine learning and visualization to find patterns and correlations to help keep our games safe and secure.
We are looking for a data engineering expert able to design and implement data processes that are at the center of the Sports Security team's operation. You will architect and design scalable and efficient processes for big data analytics. You are comfortable working with big data cloud technologies and is up-to-date on the latest trends in data engineering. You will adopt a security mindset to predict the adversaries' moves and ensure the right data is available to detect them.
• As a Data Engineer be involved in requirement gathering, preparing technical design documents and reviewing design document relevant to data processes within the team.
• You will work with Data Scientists to gather data pipeline requirements to support several machine learning and data reporting models.
• You will bring best practices and data engineering guidelines to the team to ensure quality of the entire development life cycle.
• You will design data processes that are efficient and robust with proper data quality and validation processes in place.
• You will work with central data teams in the company to ensure consistency of solutions and also affect the central team decisions to improve the data tech in the company.
• You will guide the communications between multiple partners in the company to ensure our needs are addressed with regards to data.
• You will actively work and learn new technologies that could improve data processes.
• You will design ETL pipelines that are generalized to solve modeling and reporting problems, and at the same time requires low maintenance.
• You will use cloud solutions to bring high efficiency to our team by allowing the processes scale up or down.
• Expert knowledge and proficiency with SQL and no-SQL databases. Familiar with a variety of databases.
• 5+ years of experience with 'Big Data' and distributed storage'/compute systems.
• Experience working with big data cloud providers such as AWS, Azure or GCP, and open source systems such as Apache Hadoop, Airflow, Spark, Presto, etc.
• Experience with large scale data pipelines and ability to solve complex data engineering problems in maintainable and scalable fashion.
• Experience performing exploratory data analysis (EDA) and root cause analysis on data, given high level business questions and ability to report back the essential information by using reports and visualizations.
• Some familiarity with machine learning, and statistical approaches to data analysis
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.