Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team develops creative engine features and the latest tools that let our game makers create stunning games. We're honoured to have thousands of game developers worldwide using Frostbite as they create some of the industry's best-known titles and amazing player experiences. Join us as we help shape the future of gaming with Frostbite.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager of Quality Engineering, you will join a versatile team driving innovation to solve real-world quality problems for game creators using Frostbite. As a Data Engineer, you will deliver the architecture and infrastructure that unlock engineering investment insights from varied data sets. You will collaborate with the ML engineeer and quality engineers in our team, and with other data engineers and software developers across EA. Our team promotes a culture of learning, innovation, continuous improvement and sustainable development.
• Manage data generated in Frostbite quality processes, and data pipelines to ensure quality and security of data.
• Gather requirements, develop, document and test data storage system updates to support quality initiatives.
• Design scalable and reliable data pipelines for data ingestion, transformation and distribution
• Manage data storage strategy to balance costs based on data access and growth needs.
• Contribute to telemetry standards, and implement foundational layers of telemetry in quality tools.
• Create data catalogs for development team to access and use the latest data capabilities.
• Identify opportunities for data optimization and process improvements to enhance the effectiveness of data-related operations.
• Learn and work with latest technologies and methodologies.
• BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science, related academic programme like e.g. Applied Statistics or Mathematics, or equivalent training and professional experience.
• 2+ years experience in data modeling, ETL processes, and data warehousing.
• 2+ years experience building data pipelines using MSFT database technologies and Azure tools and services (Azure Databricks, Azure Blob, Azure SQL), or other cloud providers.
• Proficiency in Python and SQL.
• Proficiency in software engineering good practices: version control, automated testing, code review.
Bonus if you have...
• 1+ years of experience with any Spark products (Azure Databricks, Azure Synapse, Apache Spark, AWS Glue).
• 1+ years of experience with NoSQL database products (MongoDB, Azure Tables, Azure CosmosDB).
• Good understanding of distributed computing principles
• Knowledge of machine learning techniques.
• Experience with C#, Scala or R.
BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $77,600 - $130,500 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqx441-44-200-77-92-42 in your application.