At EA, we inspire the world to play by developing, publishing, and distributing the world's best games. Our EA Vancouver studio is looking for a Data Analyst to support our NHL franchise. Reporting to the NHL and UFC Analytics Manager, you'll work with the development, marketing, operations, live teams, as well as analytics team members around the world. You are a curious, data-driven storyteller who can both uncover insights and effectively communicate them to help make the best games in the world.
What you'll do on our team:
• Receive questions from our partners, determine the best ways that our data can help answer them, and provide those insights in a clear and understandable way including in dashboards, reports, or presentations.
• Work with game producers to understand their needs and translate analysis into realistic recommendations.
• Work with important partners to evaluate return for new products, marketing strategies, licensing and other projects.
• Explore player behavior patterns in our data to identify opportunities to improve the player experience.
• Model trends in our data to predict the ways in which new content and campaigns will affect our performance.
• Work with partners to implement the right tracking/telemetry in our Sports titles, in an iterative way so that our knowledge continues to evolve.
• Maintain forecast models for Live game modes and other digital products, working with game producers, marketing, and finance.
What we're looking for:
• A degree in Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Data Science, Analytics, or a related field.
• 2+ years of experience in an analytics role using data to help guide decisions in a consumer products-oriented industry (e.g. gaming, entertainment, e-commerce).
• Excellent SQL querying skills.
• Proficiency analyzing large datasets in a spreadsheet program or in a programmatic analysis tool (e.g. Python, R).
• Experience with data visualization applications (e.g. Tableau, R Shiny).
• Experience in statistical modeling (e.g. regression, clustering, predictive modeling).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4j0yy-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.