Senior Sound Designer
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise, and the very creative game Mirror's Edge.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best with a common cause.
• You will determine the project's creative vision.
• You will collaborate, align, mentor and guide the directors team on the project and make sure they're delivering on the project's vision.
• You will serve as the highest point of escalation for all team members about creative and vision issues.
• You will establish and accomplish a creative vision that fits the project.
• You will be responsible for coordinating and communicating with other departments to originate new concepts and proposals.
• You will champion and energize the project's vision, rally the team around that and assure them when times get tough.
• You will work with project directors regarding gameplay direction
• You will represent the team in executive meetings and important milestones presentations.
• You will review and approve creative work for the project
• You will act as a judge when it comes to conflicts and clarify direction for the project whenever important decisions need to be made
• You will act as a connection point across several parts of the project such as multiplayer, single player and live as well as a connection point across departments.
• You will work with partners both internal and external and make sure that the creative vision of the project is well documented and communicated
• You are informed and will give feedback on the team structure of the project
• You will provide feedback on personnel growth and skills of individuals and participate in performance review sessions
• You will adapt the vision based on specialist collaboration to create amazing games.
• You will empower the team by being a mentor.
• You will report to the EP as a project lead and directly to the Head of Design as a line manager.
• Expected experience is a minimum one shipped AAA title as a creative director, ideally in the shooter genre.
• A very senior person with extensive experience (+ 8 years) in game development with excellent skills in setting tone, feel, understanding and inspiring a vision.
• You have a strong sense of structure and documentation.
• You are comfortable with public speaking, including holding meetings and presenting to larger groups.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.