'Motive' is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will play a significant role in making the extraordinary. You'll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
Motive is looking for a UX Designer to join the Experience Design team working on a World class IP. Reporting to the Experience Director, and being part of a diverse team of Experience Designers specialised in UX, UI and Integration , you will have a direct impact on player-facing user experience. You will represent the end-users at the table and focus on every aspect that affects their experience: from removing friction and frustration, to making sure the game mechanics are understandable.
We're looking for someone who enjoys solving complex problems and approaches them with systematic thinking, understanding of player motivations, and thoughtfulness. We're a group of passionate people where talent, passion, and collaboration are celebrated.
• Design and architect intuitive player flows, interaction patterns and states.
• Craft diverse UX artifacts (experience maps, flows, wireframes, prototypes, documentation) to guide development and research.
• Partner with extended team members (Game design, Art, Research) and other Experience Designers (specialised in UX, UI or Integration) to set priorities and find balanced design solutions to player and business goals within technical constraints.
• Establish problem spaces and lead design solutions rooted in player data.
• Promote a design process and methodologies that support player-centered game development
• Contribute to creative efforts that uncover new value with new kinds of experiences.
• Contribute to the Experience Design Library and to the Design System.
• Champion usability and accessibility.
• 4+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, product designer or similar role, preferably in the game industry
• A portfolio of delivered projects, games, and/or other digital experiences Knowledge of basic psychological, ergonomics and cognitive science principles.
• Knowledge of usability principles and techniques, interaction design and design patterns
A strong awareness of current design and art trends
• Proficiency in design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, Sketch, Zeplin, Flinto, etc
• The ability to translate qualitative and quantitative player data into design solutions and design strategy
• The ability to harvest feedback through rapid iterative prototyping
• Comfort presenting cohesive design approaches to non-design audience
• An interest for video games!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm18mx-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.