Compensation Manager (Contract)
Based in one of EA's North America locations (EARS, Vancouver, Seattle, Los Angeles, Austin, Orlando)
Most companies call it HR. At Electronic Arts we made the deliberate decision to brand our organization People Experience (PE). It not just a play on words, PE is a team of cultural stewards who carefully create programs and talent strategies that directly impacts our teams' experience and enables our People to achieve the most meaningful work of their careers.
We're responsible for recruiting the best diverse talent on the planet and supporting their growth through learning programs, internal mobility, affinity group participation, and leadership development. We continually listen to our employees and dive into analytics to anchor our recommendations and decisions to keep engagement high. Last but not least, we're responsible for a total rewards strategy that incentivizes equitably, provides world class benefits, and ensures a safe and inspiring workplace for our teams.
EA's Compensation team manages our core compensation programs and provides consultation to our HR partners and business leaders. We stay at the forefront of market trends and combine our knowledge of market practice with the needs of our business to create compelling, competitive, performance-oriented compensation programs that attract, engage, reward and retain EA's talent.
We are looking for an accomplished Compensation Manager, to partner with members of the global team on organizational and employee-level projects.
You are an experienced compensation professional who can lead compensation programs and impact internal client relationships.
You will support the Global Compensation team in the management of our compensation programs. You will also partner or lead on important project activities and compensation programs within our annual global Compensation calendar, and manage ad-hoc and ongoing needs and requests.
You will partner with experts from a team of HR Business Partners, HR IT, global Compensation team members, and HR Centers of Excellence (e.g. Talent Acquisition; Learning, Engagement & Performance; Workforce Planning & Analytics). You will report to a Senior Manager, Global Compensation based in the US
• Partner with the global compensation team and broader HR team in the development, implementation, operation and governance of compensation policies and programs to support EA's strategy.
• Build consultative and collaborative relationships with, and work with, HR and business managers to sustain compensation strategy within client organizations.
• Participate in global compensation programs, operating the relevant tools.
• Develop compensation analytics and improve exposure and use of data and insights.
• Support the mid-year promotion process.
• Analyze market positions and develop salary increase budgets.
• Participate in relevant compensation surveys.
• Assess compensation outcomes such as pay gaps, short and long-term incentive provision, and equity participation, by department / location / employee demographics, to assess effectiveness, fairness, and compliance.
• Build and conduct compensation-related training and guidance materials to HR teams.
• Lead efforts to improve processes and service levels, including building continuity between related processes.
• Other responsibilities and activities.
• Required: bachelor's degree; preferably in a quantitative or business-related field.
• Desirable: professional qualification in total rewards / human resources.
• Progressive prior background as a Compensation Analyst; or at a total rewards consulting firm.
• Excellent Excel skills and data modeling / analytics capability.
• Extensive experience with compensation surveys and consulting firms.
• Comfortable with managing multiple priorities.
• Solid client-facing experience in compensation programs (some or all of: job evaluation and bench-marking; grading / career level structures; base salary architecture design; short- and long-term incentives; equity programs; annual salary increase / bonus payment cycle).
• Influence and develop collaborative working relationships with multiple partners, including executives, line management, and peers.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d917m9-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.