Associate Cinematic Artist
We're Criterion, and we love making games!
For more than fifteen years we've entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our talented people have expressed their passion for world-class game feel, AAA audiovisual quality and technical innovation in the Burnout & Need for Speed series and and more recently in Battlefield 1, Star Wars X-Wing VR, Starfighter Assault and Arcade for Star Wars Battlefront II and Firestorm for Battlefield V.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We'd love to hear yours! Crunch doesn't help make a better game. We don't do it. For the past three years we are very proud to have been recognised by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK. Let's talk about how you could be a part of it.
What a Cinematic Artist does at Criterion:
We're looking for a Cinematic Artist who can combine an eye for cinematography with technical knowledge of cinematic pipelines.
We need your passion to tell a story, to add visual flair and to enhance production values. You will be expected to be part of the creative process from initial prototypes through to the delivery of polished cinematics. You'll also use your technical problem solving skills to find solutions and improve techniques.
You will report to the Cinematic Director as part of a multi-skilled team of animators, lighters, technical artists, UI artists, VFX artists and world artists that work collaboratively in an iterative design process; breaking down deliverables; sharing regular updates and delivering on commitments.
A Cinematic Artist also needs:
• Understanding of cinematic tools and pipelines from start to finish.
• Experience working with camera layout and cinematographic composition.
• Enjoys technical analysis and problem solving.
• Understanding of animation theory and technique.
• Experience creating animated sequences in 3D tools (e.g. Maya, 3dsmax, Motionbuilder). Realtime tools and editors would be great too!
• A broad interest in aspects of visual art outside of video games.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
Naturally, we offer great benefits packages, but more importantly, because we love working with outstanding creators, we maintain a culture that appreciates creative freedom and autonomy.
• Great compensation package, annual bonus scheme and stock plans.
• Benefits including private medical insurance, dental care, pension scheme and life insurance.
• Extras like employee discounts, Rail season ticket loan, free games.
• 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
• Two annual staff parties (Summer and Christmas)
We're based in the lovely town of Guildford – 35 minutes from central London.
Our office has an onsite café and gym and is a short walk from the train station and town centre.
• More about our studio: http://criteriongames.com/
• More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/guildford
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3x68n-54-80-249-22-42 in your application.