DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise, and the very creative game Mirror's Edge.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best with a common cause.
As a Character Concept Artist, at DICE, you will report to the project Art Director, or Lead, and help them to realize their creative vision by illustrating and communicating an inspiring visual direction for our artists during production. You will join a team of passionate, creative professionals who love to learn and push their craft and imagination to even greater heights. In your role as Character Concept Artist you will create memorable characters, that exude a visually rich narrative that speaks to our players and breathes life into our virtual worlds.
• Help establish and convey the Art Director's vision through a wide array of concept art from sketches to paintings, storyboards, mood boards and paint-overs to support art, design, gameplay and storytelling.
• Develop character concepts, props, gear and a variety of cosmetics.
• Create style guides for outsourcing briefs and support our vendors with base material for them to work from.
• Seek feedback on your work and give feedback to other artists in your team.
• Contribute to a collaborative, service minded and learning culture.
We're looking for Concept Artists across all seniority levels, with a focus on characters, to join our team of content creators and help push our creations to the next level. Regardless if your background is in games or film, what's most important is what you bring to the table and that you have a passion for creating memorable characters.
• 3+ years of experience as a Concept Artist in the video games or film industry.
• A basic understanding of game engines.
• An artistic eye and understanding of multiple visual media and techniques.
• A broad knowledge of composition, perspective, color theory, anatomy, real-world materials, and lighting.
• Intermediate knowledge regarding typography and graphic design.
• Experience with at least one 3D software package to use 3D as a foundation for paint work and pre-viz.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.