Character Artist - BATTLEFIELD (Temporary)
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with global EA Studios Game teams to achieve outstanding visuals, audio and technology. We are a highly engaged content creation team within EA Studios Worldwide, and we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, creatively motivated through collaboration, culture and craft.
Committed to supporting our games with the creation of amazing Content, the EA Create Characters team enriches players' experience with a cast of characters and variety of character accessories such full body outfits, hair and headgear.
We are looking for an accomplished and experienced Character Artist to join an established team, in partnership with DICE, to work on the next BATTLEFIELD. The Character Artist is a creative role working with different Partner teams to achieve visual excellence for the content and experiences you will help create.
EA expects and needs our external partners to achieve the same quality as our Create Art teams. It is the role of Models and Accessories Artists to partner with the Art Leads, External Development Art Director, team leads and Tech-Artists to help push quality and progress, and to help improve processes and training for our external partners.
Who You Are:
• Experienced with 3+ years of industry character creation production.
• Expert in high-fidelity 3D modeling / sculpting techniques, along with high-poly to low-poly surface/detail baking.
• Expert-level in Maya, Z-Brush and Photoshop.
• Well-versed in physical materials and how to replicate them in CG.
• Knowledgeable of PBR texture / material workflows.
• Skilled in your ability to author photo-realistic textures (Substance Painter / Designer experience is a plus).
• Experienced in working with content-driven game engines (e.g. Unreal, Frostbite, Unity).
• Able to visualize in three-dimensions and work from limited reference material / concept art.
• Experienced in creating game resolution topology with considerations for deformation and rigging.
• Knowledgeable in creation of cloth and clothing and how they should match the character style (cloth/hair simulation experience is a plus).
• Efficient in use of UV layout, and ability to edit for highest visual payoff.
• Able to ramp quickly with proprietary tools and software.
• Experienced in delivering high-quality assets to time and technical budget constraints.
• Able to work closely with large distributed partner teams of artists at EA and outsourced (experience working directly with vendors is a plus).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roe151-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.