Build Software Engineer
Build Engineer (Temporary)
Engineering Services ''Frostbite QDS'' are EA's continuous integration and build experts. We are located in EA studios across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
We pride ourselves on providing superior automation services to our internal customers - EA's game, engine, product, and content teams. Our services include Build & Test Automation, Continuous Integration, Metrics Reporting, and Virtual Infrastructure Management. Learn more about us here.
We are seeking a Build Engineer to join Engineering Services and provide exemplary services to our partner teams at EA Vancouver.
• Work as a technical liaison with development teams to address build issues and improvements
• Collaborate with team-mates to maintain and enhance a robust automation pipeline
• Modify, and maintain pipeline and workflow tools
• Monitor automation systems and proactively respond to breakages
• Report regular status on assigned tasks and proactively identify project risks and issues
• Document issues and solutions
• Degree in Computer Science or a related field with Software development experience
• Excellent verbal and written English
• Experience interacting with customers in solving technical problems
• Experience with Jenkins (or similar CI tool), for job creation'/management
• Experience with revision control and version-control concepts including branching and integrations
• Programming skill and practical experience with languages common in DevOps field. (Java strongly preferred)
• Ability to self-manage tasks and responsibilities
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent understanding of software engineering concepts, debugging processes and procedures
• Experience writing and debugging in Java or C#, and scripting languages
• Excellent documentation skills
• Experience with Groovy, Python (or other scripting languages), batch, and XML
• Experience with Cloud based services and operations
• Experience with Containers, and virtualization
• Experience with Orchestration concepts and tools
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.