DRE are EA's continuous integration and build experts. We are a team of over 100, located in EA studios across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
We pride ourselves on providing automation services to our internal customers - EA's game, engine, product, and content teams.
We are looking for someone to join the Development and Release Engineering team (DRE) in Vancouver, Canada or as a remote resource, as a Build Engineer and provide excellent services to our internal partner development teams. This engineer will report to our Engineering Manager.
• Work as a technical liaison with partner development teams to address build, infrastructure and CI/CD related issues
• Create and maintain automation pipelines and workflows
• Identify gaps/toil within build & automation workflows and implement automated scalable, reliable and repeatable solutions
• Monitor and address automated systems issues
• Work with IT and internal DRE team on expanding and maintaining build infrastructure environments
• Own and implement internal DRE CI/CD improvement initiatives
• Report regular status on assigned tasks and identify project issues
• Proficient in object-oriented/scripting languages (e.g C#, Java, Groovy, Python, Ruby)
• Proficient in implementing CI/CD pipelines (e.g Jenkins, GitLab CI)
• Secrets management tools (e.g Vault)
• Artifact repositories (e.g Artifactory, NPM, NuGet)
• Source control management tools (e.g Perforce, Git)
• Data reporting (e.g Splunk, ElasticSearch)
• Mobile app development (e.g iOS, Android)
• Virtualization environments and tools (e.g VMs, vSphere)
Nice to haves:
• Commercial mobile game engine experience (e.g. Unreal, Unity)
• Configuration management tools (e.g Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Terraform)
• Cloud platforms (e.g AWS, GCP, Azure)
• Containerization technologies (e.g Docker, Kubernetes)
• Infrastructure monitoring tools (e.g New Relic, DataDog, Zabbix)
• Familiar with best practices around automation security
Ideal Candidate Characteristics
• 6+ years of experience as a software engineer
• Excellent interpersonal/communication skills and a desire to collaborate
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Familiar with agile methodology
• Ability manage tasks and responsibilities
• Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbom5e-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.