We are looking for a Business Intelligence Engineer with broad analytics and technical skills to dive into large amounts of data and influence decisions with data-driven analysis and insight. As a part of Analytics Solutions group you will take a role in supporting the information needs of Respawn Entertainment, the team behind Apex Legends and Jedi: Fallen Order. You will help to design and implement enrichment pipelines and visualizations, working with partners to promote telemetry design and ensure that important decision makers have access to the information needed to delight our players.
You will have experience working with partners, data engineers, analysts, and data scientists in understanding the goals we need to achieve. You will need an eye for detail when sifting through data to ensure that information can be served against our goals, and development enrichment and transformation pipelines that feed into the visualizations that you and others within the studio will create to empower data-driven decisions.
• As a BI Engineer you will be involved in the entire development life cycle from brainstorming new ideas to communicating with stakeholders to implementing and testing elegant solutions to derive data insights.
• You will gather requirements, model, design solutions, develop technical specs and documentation to support reporting and exploratory analysis.
• Work with analysts and developers to develop and support robust data pipelines.
• Build dashboards and reports to provide insights into EA's game development pipeline and live services platform.
• Support analytical processes including backfills, ETL monitoring, query testing, dashboard creation, maintenance, and reports generation.
• You will support production code to refine existing data sets, producing comprehensive and accurate data artifacts.
• You will guide communications between our users and studio engineers to provide scalable end-to-end solutions.
• You will promote strategies to improve our data modeling, quality, and information design.
• You will work with big data solutions, data modeling, understanding the ETL pipelines and dashboard tools.
• Build close relationships with partners and guide communication between users, game engineers and other involved parties to achieve scalable end-to-end solutions.
• Comfortable with changing priorities, scope adjustments and supporting ad-hoc requests to meet urgent needs.
• Be a consultant and expert in data domain to bring conversations to decisions and tackle time sensitive asks.
• Report to the Data Analytics Manager.
• 4+ years relevant industry experience in a BI related role.
• Deep experience with business intelligence tools like Looker (preferred), Power BI, Tableau, or similar BI tools.
• High proficiency in writing SQL queries and knowledge of cloud-based databases like Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery or other big data solutions.
• Experience in data modeling, ETL processes, big data, and data warehousing.
• Experience with at least one of the programming languages like Python or Java and develop manual and automated test cases.
• Experience in the physical and logical design of database architecture for relational databases, data warehouses and data lakes.
• Work and build relationships with both technical and business collaborators.
• Experience with developing in Python or a similar language in modern ETL frameworks, such as Airflow.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.