Senior Development Director, Europe
Guildford, United Kingdom
We are EA Electronic Arts Inc. is a global interactive entertainment software company. We build and provide games, content and online services to millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. The Challenge Ahead Your role as part of Analytic Solutions (AS) will be to build last-mile global analytics solutions that depict player evolution year-over-year Battlefield title. You will help build a platform to process petabytes of data into pipelines for user-facing environments, help develop dashboards and collaboratively compete for the industry-leading data programme – all while serving needs of teams on the cutting edge of game development using DevOps methodologies. You will report to a Data Engineer II.
The Business Intelligence / Data Engineer will be a part of the development process of our EA titles. They will work collaboratively to implement in-game telemetry, refine the ETL process, and help develop dashboards that promote deeper understanding of our games.
• You will determine which questions we want to answer, and map which questions can be answered by which telemetry events
• You will transform questions, event requests and other loosely defined wishes into telemetry events, figuring out which events are needed and how those events should be specified
• You will be a reactive partner to the game team to address issues with and document their implementation work, then QA such work to ensure data is flowing correctly from each event.
• You will work with analysts and other end-users to identify which insights and analytics they will be focused on, then work with the data architect to design schemas that cover the requirements as efficiently as possible.
• You will ensure, as far as possible, that telemetry events are standardised across the titles you are working on.
• You will work as part of the engineering team to build the requested tables and schemas.
• You will build schemas to bring the data into our BI tool (Looker), transform it inside the tool and then pilot dashboards to see how things work
• You will guide communications between our users and studio engineers to provide scalable end-to-end solutions.
• You will partner with UI designers and business analysts to incorporate design into building outstanding insightful visualisations.
• You will explore and advocate for self-service analytics at EA.
• You will promote strategies to improve our data modelling, quality and architecture
• 3+ years relevant industry experience
• Proficiency in Python, SQL queries and knowledge of cloud-based databases like Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery or other big data solutions.
• Experience with telemetry structures and analysis.
• Experience in data modelling, ETL processes, and data warehousing.
• Visualisation and story telling skills using tools such as Looker, Dundas or Tableau is a strong plus.
• Summarise technical details to non-technical audience.
• Comfortable working with a multi-functional team, both locally and remote, understanding the perspectives of each partner.
• Experience with Process Management tools such as JIRA, Trello or similar.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj2200-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.