DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Battlefront franchise, and the innovative game Mirror's Edge.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. We recognize that our people are the backbone and driving force of our creative products. As such, we are dedicated to providing everyone the ability to express, learn, and be their very best with a common cause.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Backend Engineer, who is passionate about developing systems and services to support the live operations and online gameplay for our millions of users.
You will be working in small teams that work closely together to create solutions for our games, using modern technologies and frameworks deployed to cloud-based infrastructure. You will be working with a large number of existing systems; some developed here at DICE, some developed externally. This will require collaborating with a lot of different teams within EA and DICE on a regular basis.
What does a Backend Software Engineer do at DICE?
• Analyze game designs and propose technical solutions for how they can be achieved.
• Develop distributed, resilient, and high-performing back-end services using Scala.
• Adapt central EA technologies to meet game design needs.
• Leverage modern open-source stacks including Scala, gRPC, Finagle, Linkerd/Envoy.
• Deploy services on cloud-based infrastructures such as Kubernetes.
• Be responsible for performance and load testing at the service level.
• Experience in distributed, scalable, resilient, high-performing systems
• Knowledge of Git, or similar distributed source management system
• Experience with continuous integration and delivery
• Good communication and documentation experience
• Proficient in written and spoken English
Nice to Haves
• Experience with functional languages (Scala, Clojure, Erlang-Elixir, Kotlin, Rust, Swift, F#)
• Experience with cloud deployment, preferably AWS
• Good knowledge of Linux
• Knowledge of C++ or C#
• Knowledge of Kubernetes
• Experience with Docker or similar container formats
• Contributions to Open Source projects is a plus
• An interest in games is advantageous
As part of the application process, we may ask you to take on a practical work test. The position is permanent, and applications will be selected continuously. Apply online with a combined CV and Cover Letter in English.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rznm17-3-238-248-200-42 in your application.