Audio Software Engineer - NHL (contract)
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Have you ever experienced the thrill of a last minute goal that carries your team to victory in front of millions of people? Working here is kinda like that
The Challenge Ahead:
A Software Engineer is a part of the game creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms-working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in domains including rendering, gameplay, audio, user interface, online, physics, databases and tools. You will report to the Operations Development Director and Technical Lead to estimate, build projects and provide excellent results.
What this Audio Software Engineer will do at EA:
• Work with Audio Artists, Designers, and other game area SEs to support Audio features and ensure quality results
• Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code for Audio features on an AAA title
• Maintain and implement tools and pipelines
The next great EA Software Engineer also needs:
• Post-Secondary education in Computer Science, Computer Systems, Computer Engineering, or equivalent training and professional experience
• Strong expertise with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation
• Experience with C# and/or Lua
• Knowledge of good software engineering practices
• Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization
• Excellent debugging experience using tools to help debug
• Work with internal and externally developed code in a collaborative fashion
Nice to have:
• Experience shipping a console title (i.e. PS4, XboxOne )
• Expertise in a core domain such as audio, user interfaces, gameplay, animation, pipelines, tools, etc
• Experience with music theory or performance, recording, or audio technologies
The benefits and perks of working for EA
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.