Audio Producer - EA SPORTS™ FC
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
After nearly 30 years of creating genre-defining, interactive football experiences with the world's biggest football entertainment platform, EA SPORTS FIFA, we are soon beginning an exciting new era. EA SPORTS™ FC will become the future of football from EA SPORTS – as we strive to take global football experiences to new heights, on behalf of football fans everywhere.
With more opportunity than ever to innovate and create new, authentic experiences that bring joy, inclusivity, and immersion to a global community of fans, we invite you to join us and pioneer the future of football with EA SPORTS!
The EA Sports FC Audio team is looking for a Producer to join an established and diverse team of producers, engineers, and designers working on some of the most exciting experiences that bring FC to life! Innovation, passion, and teamwork are at the heart of everything we do.
At EA, Producers are the creative visionaries for the product. They are the individuals who build and motivate teams to accomplish their goals of shipping AAA quality titles on time and on budget.
• Writing the scripts we record with our FC commentators.
• Working with agents to manage the bookings of our FC commentators, as well as collaborating with others on the team to ensure they're completed on time & within budget.
• Directing the commentators in the majority of the recording sessions.
• Getting hands on with the game and providing qualitative audio feedback to Software Engineers, Audio Artists, & QA.
• Write clear design documentation, while working on features which support our project strategic goals, vision, and pillars.
• Use our proprietary tools to design and prototype new audio/visual elements while identifying opportunities for improvement.
• Understand consumer needs and ensure audio experiences developed by the team will contribute to player satisfaction and enjoyment
• Foster collaborative spirit within the team and help us form a stimulating and fun work environment
• Occasional tasks outside of the above to support the other Audio Producers on the team.
• A technical audio background isn't required. You don't need to have gone to audio school. Please don't hesitate to apply just because you've never worked or studied in audio before.
• Must be an avid football fan. Ideally, you'd be familiar with hearing (UK) English football commentators on a regular basis, whether via international feeds, Match of the Day, etc.
• Must be passionate and very familiar with the EA SPORTS FC franchise, as well as having a broader interest in the sports gaming genre.
• Due to the nature of the work, English must be your first language. Even better if you have a solid understanding in the differences between American and UK English, as you'll be writing for and directing UK commentators.
• Strong communication skills, as it's expected that you establish and maintain a positive and productive relationship with the commentator talent.
• Many of the recording sessions are executed remotely, but you must be open to travel to the UK approx. 2-4 times a year for in-person recording sessions.
BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
HOURLY PAY RANGES
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $54,900 - $84,750 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7o75q-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.