Content Producer, Marketing Communications Production
Guildford, United Kingdom
Athlete Relations Manager (12-month contract)
Please note that this is a 12-month contract role.
We are looking for a sports marketing professional responsible for driving relationships with professional athletes around the world on behalf of EA SPORTS. You will acquire professional athletes for EA SPORTS marketing campaigns and programmes to maximise brand relevancy and product visibility. You will have entrenched relationships with elite athletes and their representation globally, and will report to the EA SPORTS Athlete Relations Director.
• Manage athlete relations for EA SPORTS FIFA – drive communication and outreach to professional athletes globally for EA SPORTS marketing opportunities including product ambassadors, social media marketing and content for EA SPORTS FIFA
• Create brand relevancy and product visibility– use the power of celebrity to increase brand awareness and consideration through athlete marketing
• Secure ambassadors based on talent strategy – Identify and secure authentic athlete ambassadors for EA SPORTS based on the talent strategy and insights
• Manage talent logistics – Manage communications, contract process'/administration and all logistics related to athlete engagements for EA SPORTS including booking travel, being on-site liaison and ensuring full compliance with the deal
• Promote outstanding relationship management – Build daily rapport with professional athletes and representation including sports management, marketing agencies and player associations; use relationships to maximise opportunities and terms with professional athletes on behalf of EA SPORTS
• Partner with EA Business Affairs – Partner with our teams including Business Affairs, to negotiate athlete contracts, terms and conditions
• Drive rhythm of business: Ensure collaboration among the Marcom Activation Partnership teams globally who work directly with the sports leagues and clubs associated with EA SPORTS licences. Establish communication touchpoints on ongoing basis to ensure visibility of athlete marketing plans and performance.
• Local Ambassador Deals: Secure cover athlete and ambassadors for each EA SPORTS product, driving logistics from initial communication through to cover shoots'/content capture and fulfilment of deal terms
• Talent Logistics: Provide clear and detailed schedules and logistical information to athletes and their representation for all EA SPORTS engagements
• Brand Relevancy & Product Visibility Tracking: In partnership with Global Analytics and Insights, Digital Intelligence and channel marketing teams, track brand awareness and consideration associated with important athlete partnerships to measure and qualify success metrics
• Accountability: Prepare a road map for athlete marketing success, ensure all are understood, and keep progress on track. Assume responsibility for actions and outcomes.
• Adaptability: Embrace change and help others adjust. Modify approach according to context. Become comfortable in new environments.
• Communication: Craft clear and detailed communications with athletes and their representation. Internally, share information and ideas with partners and listen openly.
• Innovation: Create solutions to challenges and positively question current thinking. Use logic and rationale to influence. Recognise and build on the ideas of others.
• Decision-making: Establish criteria. Seek relevant information to aid understanding. Identify correlation. Determine causation. Arbitrate with balanced, compelling resolutions.
• Experienced marketing professional with multiple years of experience in athlete marketing; entrenched relationships with elite athletes and their representation globally
• Commitment to achieving excellence in the sports industry
• Understand sports lifestyle, pop culture and is ingrained in sports scene and trends
• Create successful athlete marketing outcomes based on business goals and strategies
• Conduct work on privileged projects with the utmost confidentiality
• Excel at working in a matrixed team environment characterised by interdependency
• Galvanise teams and partners at all levels
• Engage with executive teams
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.