Associate Quality Designer (12 month contract)
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise, and the very creative game Mirror's Edge.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best with a common cause. The challenge ahead
We are pioneers, pushing boundaries and exploring possibilities. To support this ongoing effort we aim to build the best QV (Quality Verification) team in the business. Now more than ever we are on the lookout for engaged, creative and motivated individuals to join us.
As a Playtest Quality Designer you will guide participation, evolution of process and generation of data for playtests on a given title or franchise. Reporting to a QV Development Manager, you will align with Project, Franchise and Studio partners to understand what a dev team needs from their playtests and how the QV team can co-operate to make them successful.
Here are some questions to consider:
• Are you committed to driving positive change and taking responsibility for product quality?
• Do you want to push for better quality games?
• Do you love playing multiplayer FPS and especially Battlefield titles?
If you answered yes to all of these questions, then this is the opportunity you have been looking for. You'll need these qualities:
• Experience: you have at least 3 years in the QA discipline, including multiple shipped AAA titles
• Collaboration: you will build cross-discipline partnerships and help grow an enthusiastic playtesting culture
• Determination: you will evolve processes and manage changing priorities to achieve high-quality playtests
• Organisation: you will apply structures to playtest data, turning it from raw data into useful information You'll do these things:
• Create and run the processes needed to make great Playtests happen
• Verify Client, Backend, and Telemetry systems and infrastructure for individual releases
• Use your experience with Build pipelines, Online infrastructure requirements and Data Analysis to spot risks and propose solutions
• Verify Build Pipelines and Build Quality for external releases
• Confirm that Builds are suitable to meet the needs of individual Tests
• Work with wider QV team to test and report on playtest builds to promote playtest predictability
• Work with User Experience Teams to gather and report useful Player Data
• Participate in playtests, and provide support for the other play testers Interested?
If so, please apply online with a combined CV and cover letter (in English) stating ''Why I want to work for DICE!''.
• Tell us about yourself.
• Tell us why you're interested in joining our team at DICE.
• Talk to us honestly about what you feel you can bring to our studio.
This is a 12-month contract role, and applications will be selected on an ongoing basis.
Applicants must be living in Sweden, as we do not offer a relocation package for this role.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.