Associate Quality Designer (12 month contract)
We Are DICE
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning developer based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the acclaimed Battlefield and Star Wars Battlefront franchises.
The Opportunity Ahead
As an Associate Quality Designer, your role is versatile with many areas of focus and responsibilities. A quality designer is a catalyst ensuring that QV understands the design and that its features are tested and ensuring that the quality of the game lives up to our players expectations. An Associate Quality Designer at DICE are embedded in development and will test, document, and analyze the game during production. More specifically, as part of the Engine QV team you will partner with the Software Engineering development groups, working on the latest games and the technology behind their creation. Your role in this will also be to improve the creation experience for developers, and the game quality experience for our players. You will report to the lead or manager of the Engine QV team who will assist and guide you.
By joining the Engine QV(Quality Verification) team, you will work with software engineers and build engineers to improve integration testing, identifying causes and automation. You will work with continuous integration, analyze stability and performance results, and contribute to a data-driven culture. You will help ensure not only the quality of the games but also the tools we use to build them.
• You will participate in technical testing efforts for important areas within the projects ongoing at DICE.
• Track data to measure the impact of changes on relevant areas and adapt to meet the needs of the projects and established quality standards.
• Establish good collaborations with both your QV peers and Dev partners, promoting a focus on quality of tests and healthy workflows.
• Manage areas you are assigned to, becoming a central contact and use your expertise in that area, reporting and communicating effectively to partners.
• Troubleshoot issues raised as part of the ongoing testing efforts and assist development in resolving these as efficiently as possible.
• Escalate to leadership immediately recognized important issues and testing deficiencies while investing to improve the used processes.
• Experience with Programming Languages such as C#, Python and C++; can use related tools such as MS Visual Studio to program and debug code is desirable.
• A general understanding of build systems, pipelines, continuous integration, unit tests, automation, and testing frameworks.
• You will understand visual scripting for whitebox testing and game logic debugging.
• General comprehension of software development processes, understanding of software production milestones and the DevOps approach to development.
• Familiarity with tools such as JIRA, Testrail or equivalent bug and test case management systems is also preferable.
This is a 12-month contract role, and applications will be selected on an ongoing basis.
Applicants must live in Sweden, as we do not offer a relocation package for this role.