Associate Quality Designer
Development Technology and Services (DTS) powers EA studios to create even greater player experiences. We help shape the future from the way games are created, to how they are played and viewed.
We are a global team and also the largest studio within EA! DTS proudly consists of the following teams: Engineering Services (ES), Studios Data Insights, and Quality, Verification, and Standards.
The DTS Quality Verification Organization is the global partner of choice for all EA game development teams. As an Associate Quality Designer, your daily challenge will be to focus on defect prevention including upstream testing and analysis to thwart the introduction of bugs into the game code. You will also design test strategies, capture qualitative assessments and usability feedback to ensure the highest caliber of quality for our titles. You will report to the Melbourne based Development Manager.
• Identify risks and dependencies, develop plans to mitigate and reduce such risks, and actively execute these plans
• Utilize data and research into reporting and building test strategy
• Fully own assigned game area from a QA perspective supporting the group from pre-production to launch
• Develop an in-depth understanding of the systems under their ownership and communicate progress, status and risks, this requires a deep understanding of system architecture and implementation
• Create task breakdown and estimates during the early planning stage of development for owned domain
• Analyze features sets and identify opportunities for automation along with benefits
• Propose and define long-term strategic collaboration structures that impact and/or influence multiple areas of the business
• Help to build and understand metrics to show how changes impact testing and projects overall
• 5 or more years of previous QA experience, preferably in the gaming domain
• Experience working in an Agile team environment
• Must be able to develop and foster strong working relationships with development teams and integrate a development QA support strategy into the development process
• Ability to mitigate risks and potential areas of concern with speed and accuracy
• Experience with DevSuite or similar defect tracking and task management databases
• Knowledge of basic programming concepts is a plus
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.