Associate Quality Designer
Associate Quality Designer - Nightshift/Dayshift (Contractor)
This opportunity is a contractor role working for Electronic Arts Romania hired through Smartree for 12 months.
Development Technology and Services (DTS) powers EA studios to create even greater player experiences. We help shape the future from the way games are created, to how they are played and viewed.
We are a global team and also the largest studio within EA! DTS proudly consists of the following teams: Engineering Services (ES), Studios Data Insights, and Quality, Verification, and Standards.
The Associate Quality Designer oversees multiple tests to ensure the software meets our players expectations, which includes the following: setting and aligning on test scope and goals, monitoring test coverage and evaluating the overall quality of targeted test items. You will serve as the organizational expert in software testing, the voice of quality for an assigned feature, area or project.
• Work closely with Project Managers, Quality Designers and Analysts to help define and deliver the quality verification test strategy.
• Become the Expert for the area being within your responsibility from both a QV Team perspective and for the external developing studios.
• Have a solid knowledge of the database and test methodology to relevantly detail the test approach and respond to any database items for other EA Groups and external developing studios.
• Work with peers and senior individual contributors to identify efficiency opportunities and success rate, supported by available data. Look for innovative new data tracking ways to support evolvement within the existing QV test practices.
• Identify and remedy gaps in functional and non-functional requirements to reduce the cost of change later during project lifecycle.
• Use existing risk-based strategy within area or domain environment and apply established tactics towards introducing efficiency into test methodology.
• Be the voice of quality for the product by providing qualitative and design feedback, technical solutions before integration from a player perspective and pinpoint relevant problematic situations from both a production perspective and an end user one.
• Create task breakdown and estimates during the early planning stage of development for owned domain while also being the main driver in the process of gathering design information and updates from the external development studio.
• Use available tools to assist in test execution, from software that enables tests (software development tools), organizes tests (test management software), captures test results (logs, telemetry, video, images, etc.), to defect-tracking to capture results.
• Implement the proposed test approach for your area of influence, coordinate with other team members to ensure tests are executed effectively and efficiently and implement test/validation procedures within the said area to validate expected vs actual results.
• 3+ years of experience with and knowledge of software testing processes, automated testing, testing technique, test case design.
• Strong experience with and knowledge of software test processes, test methodology, test case design and execution.
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills are needed to communicate in detail with different teams and external developing studios, within and outside of the quality verification team and company.
• Knowledge of software development lifecycle, milestone requirements and QV role/Development Team deliverables at each stage.
• Demonstrate ability to work effectively within a team, or alone when necessary.
• Strong attention to detail and has demonstrated the ability to solve complex problems, skills and the ability to come up and communicate quick and creative solutions.
• Knowledge of Console / PC platforms and familiarity with Compliance & Certification requirements.
Our global benefits package is not included for this particular role.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.